Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

DJPlaya
Old 12-06-2019 , 07:06   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oieamm View Post
We were thinking of mounting everything on 1 computer only, but from what I am seeing it would be better to mount on 2.
You need to test it out a bit.
A regular CSGO Server takes around 500-600mb of Memory, for the CPU it depends on the Slots and Features you do have.
Ive seen that youre also planing to use an SSD, be aware that this wont speed up SRCDS that much, most of its Needs get loaded into the Memory.
Dont forget that Source Servers have 3 Main Calculation Threads, having a CPU with many Threads(most of the Time its Cores * 2) can spread the Load the best. Hyper Threading (or whatever the AMD Version of that is called) is also important to have.
I had the best Results with a 16 Core/32Thread Server with each Core having 2,5ghz.
Something strange i have found out over the Years is that this old Engine runs partwise better on old Hardware. For Example it seems to run more smoothly with DDR 2 FB then DDR 3 ECC Memory, dont ask me why

Last edited by DJPlaya; 12-06-2019 at 07:08.
Send a message via Skype™ to DJPlaya
Oieamm
Old 12-06-2019 , 08:37   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya View Post
You need to test it out a bit.
A regular CSGO Server takes around 500-600mb of Memory, for the CPU it depends on the Slots and Features you do have.
Ive seen that youre also planing to use an SSD, be aware that this wont speed up SRCDS that much, most of its Needs get loaded into the Memory.
Dont forget that Source Servers have 3 Main Calculation Threads, having a CPU with many Threads(most of the Time its Cores * 2) can spread the Load the best. Hyper Threading (or whatever the AMD Version of that is called) is also important to have.
I had the best Results with a 16 Core/32Thread Server with each Core having 2,5ghz.
Something strange i have found out over the Years is that this old Engine runs partwise better on old Hardware. For Example it seems to run more smoothly with DDR 2 FB then DDR 3 ECC Memory, dont ask me why

Cool, I will study more about this within this information.
DJPlaya
Old 12-06-2019 , 11:20   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oieamm View Post
Cool, I will study more about this within this information.
One thing i forgot to mention: When using a Windows older then Server 2016/Win 10, you need to use an Program like Media Player or >this< so the high precision Event Timer stays active

Last edited by DJPlaya; 12-06-2019 at 11:24.
Send a message via Skype™ to DJPlaya
sphinx
Old 12-07-2019 , 01:52   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #14

SRCDS is multi-thread, not multi-core, meaning that the main thread runs on only one core. The main thread runs on one core but the other threads related to the same csgo server may run on different cores. On a fully loaded csgo server you may notice a system load like 120%. That's why it is better to keep the hyperthreading active, best to have a multicore server and allocate like 1.3 cores/csgo server (not to forget about one core for the OS).

Last edited by sphinx; 12-07-2019 at 01:53.
Zuby24
Old 12-09-2019 , 01:09   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #15

I think also i7-6700k will handle your requirments.
Old 12-09-2019 , 18:37   Re: CS:GO] How many 128tick servers.
Reply With Quote #16

I use many many dedicated servers, from expirience more ghz more slots.... also 1 thread 1 server... hyperthreading disable to get more stable servers if u are not sorry to half your dedi.

im currently @ i9 9900k running 6 servers @ 128 tick 32+ slots (4 have 36 slots). On full server, @ ROUND start when all are alive and u get higest % of usage i have sv 6 and var 0.000 - 0.500. No problems no lag no nothing.
But to get that i did overclock all cores to 4.7 ghz, disable all power c states and disable underclock (beacuse changing mhz up and down (scalling) make lag at csgo engine.

Also im using custom kernel beacuse stock is a miss for csgo. And yes im on Debian 10.

Also i was use i series, 4400k 6700k 8700k 2500k. and most important thing from mine expirience is more mhz more slots, more threads more servers. (for csgo and source engine).
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC