Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 19:36   [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #1

Anyone else getting this? I just finally reinstalled my servers in the proper directory on my dedi, got my PHPMyAdmin set up with a SourceBans database and SQL Admins database, and got the servers started up.

Now every time I try to connect to any of my servers, it tells me they're running a new version of the game.

What gives?

EDIT: Weird, I opted into the Steam Beta, and when I started up TF2 after Steam restarted, it says it's updating.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-10-2013 at 19:41.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2013 , 19:54   Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #2

We just had this very same thread opened a while back, servers got updated but your client did not. Just gotta wait till your client is hit.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 20:02   Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
We just had this very same thread opened a while back, servers got updated but your client did not. Just gotta wait till your client is hit.
Yep. Today has been weird for me. First, PHPMyAdmin issues, then issues with disk space caused by my own stupidity in putting my servers in the "/root/" folder, now this weird bunch of TF2 server/client stuff which has since resolved itself.

Gotta love the way the world works.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2013 , 20:12   Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Anyone else getting this? I just finally reinstalled my servers in the proper directory on my dedi, got my PHPMyAdmin set up with a SourceBans database and SQL Admins database, and got the servers started up.

Now every time I try to connect to any of my servers, it tells me they're running a new version of the game.

What gives?

EDIT: Weird, I opted into the Steam Beta, and when I started up TF2 after Steam restarted, it says it's updating.
There was an update earlier today, and Valve's started pushing the update out to servers before they're pushed to clients.

The server update wasn't actually announced until 5 minutes after you posted, but it may have been available through SteamCMD before that.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-10-2013 at 20:13.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 20:21   Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
There was an update earlier today, and Valve's started pushing the update out to servers before they're pushed to clients.

The server update wasn't actually announced until 5 minutes after you posted, but it may have been available through SteamCMD before that.
That is correct, sir.
1nsane
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-12-2013 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"
Reply With Quote #6

I've had this happen to both myself and my friends.

After the steampipe update your steam client sometimes won't get the update immediately and will let you launch the old version. Restarting it does fix it, but I wonder how many confused players are out there don't realize this.

Last edited by 1nsane; 06-12-2013 at 16:09.