Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Temp. entity : size problem (different between position )

Post New Thread Reply   

steve139
Old 11-25-2008 , 02:03   Temp. entity : size problem (different between position )
Reply With Quote #1

hello

I wanted to spawn a temp. entity for a plugin

but
I have problems

Code:
    new Float:origin[3]     entity_get_vector(teleport, EV_VEC_origin, origin);     message_begin(MSG_BROADCAST ,SVC_TEMPENTITY)     write_byte(TE_BUBBLES)     write_coord(floatround(origin[0]-16)) // min start position     write_coord(floatround(origin[1]-16))     write_coord(floatround(origin[2]))     write_coord(floatround(origin[0]+16)) //  max start position     write_coord(floatround(origin[1]+16))     write_coord(floatround(origin[2]))     write_coord(floatround(origin[2]+90)) // float height     write_short(particle) // model index     write_byte(10) // count     write_coord(5) // speed     message_end()

the height is different between position of the map
e.g. if I am high in the map (tower) the height of this temp entity its very more height

to have correct height I need to be as origin z at 0 ...
that annoying

I Tried to do a shockwave and change write_coord to use fakemeta but got the same ....

Code:
    engfunc(EngFunc_MessageBegin, MSG_PVS, SVC_TEMPENTITY, origin, 0)     write_byte(TE_BEAMCYLINDER)     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, origin[0]) // start X     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, origin[1]) // start Y     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, origin[2]) // start Z     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, 0.0) // something X     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, 0.0) // something Y     engfunc(EngFunc_WriteCoord, -32) // something Z     write_short(Shockwave) // sprite     write_byte(0) // startframe     write_byte(0) // framerate     write_byte(5) // life     write_byte(10) // width     write_byte(0) // noise     write_byte(red) // red     write_byte(green) // green     write_byte(blue) // blue     write_byte(210) // brightness     write_byte(0) // speed     message_end()

why ? and how can I correct that, please ?

look at picture you will understand

X and Y origin are almost same but the Z is more high (~500)

yes the size is respected ! I didnt worsened it (photo shop + a building from tfc to compare and find the ladder-size added a grid, add red and black and after set to same ladder-size )
Old 11-30-2008, 09:38
steve139
This message has been deleted by Exolent[jNr]. Reason: Don't bump until 2 weeks have passed since last post.