Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded

Post New Thread Reply   

Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 11-05-2010 , 22:09   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #21

Believe it or not, valve doesn't care about you. You have already spent your money on their product, so you are a "finished" customer. As you can see, he already in his first answer says "If you want to buy the game again......". They only care when you haven't bought and is thinking to buy. That is when they need you, not you needing them.

That is the awesome policy valve has.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 11-05-2010 , 23:12   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #22

Yea I think I'm going to have to look into small claims
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2010 , 00:37   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #23

Damn that sucks.
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 11-06-2010 , 03:33   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
Yea I think I'm going to have to look into small claims
Wasting your time.

You would still have to encompass everything possible to get the magistrate to understand the concept, it would be like trying to teach Quantum Physics to a 1 year old. As you aren't allowed legal representation in small claims you would be talking to a wall.

You would be better explaining your findings to a consumers department and still, what country are you in and where is VALVE officially registered or situated?

It's all relevant and the system, believe me, will protect VALVE every step of the way. The first technical document of proof of any hack (regardless if it is there or not) will see your claim forfeited. You would have to prove that at the time of the alleged offense (that you didn't make) your computer was clean of any said hack (Impossible)

I feel for you, it's a crime and they know it, but all there is to do is go red in the face and smash your monitor.

Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 11-06-2010 , 07:52   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #25

After VAC got fucked up I'm recording demos every time I play.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 11-06-2010 , 09:38   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
Wasting your time.

You would still have to encompass everything possible to get the magistrate to understand the concept, it would be like trying to teach Quantum Physics to a 1 year old. As you aren't allowed legal representation in small claims you would be talking to a wall.

You would be better explaining your findings to a consumers department and still, what country are you in and where is VALVE officially registered or situated?

It's all relevant and the system, believe me, will protect VALVE every step of the way. The first technical document of proof of any hack (regardless if it is there or not) will see your claim forfeited. You would have to prove that at the time of the alleged offense (that you didn't make) your computer was clean of any said hack (Impossible)

I feel for you, it's a crime and they know it, but all there is to do is go red in the face and smash your monitor.
You are allowed representation in small claims, you're also allowed to represent yourself if you want to. I live in the United States, valve is registered in the United States, and situated in Washington state.
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 11-06-2010 , 11:43   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #27

Well then dude, what you are proposing "Taking valve to a small claims court armed with legal representation" is sounding a little bizarre.

You take a gun, they'll take a cannon etc.. They have a system that alerts them to the fact a hack was used (although it wasn't) regardless they have proof that you were (right or wrong).

proof of hack + TOS = lost case + Small claims fee + lawyer = Buy a new copy itll save you $2000 plus.

I am on your side, It's just that I am leaning towards the "keep your sanity" approach.

Again, I can and will use my speshal psychic powers to make them bleed from the arse at your wish ;)

Last edited by sinblaster; 11-06-2010 at 11:45.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 11-06-2010 , 11:53   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #28

Valve has never released any information regarding what hacks were used (atleast I've never read about it), you think they would if someone took them to court? Or would they just avoid it and settle out of court?
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2010 , 19:09   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
Well then dude, what you are proposing "Taking valve to a small claims court armed with legal representation" is sounding a little bizarre.

You take a gun, they'll take a cannon etc.. They have a system that alerts them to the fact a hack was used (although it wasn't) regardless they have proof that you were (right or wrong).

proof of hack + TOS = lost case + Small claims fee + lawyer = Buy a new copy itll save you $2000 plus.

I am on your side, It's just that I am leaning towards the "keep your sanity" approach.

Again, I can and will use my speshal psychic powers to make them bleed from the arse at your wish ;)
So you're saying that because they have an anti-cheat, that its detections cannot be checked for falsification, where VAC would have to prove that its detection methods are fool-proof?
In other words, because VALVe is a big corporation, their wrongdoings and false data are overlooked?
I love you exolent!
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2010 , 19:25   Re: So Steam support and SPUF are pretty useless/retarded
Reply With Quote #30

This thread's gay.

I've seen dumb topics, and arguments; this tops all of it.