Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2019 , 22:46   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
It's not better than VAC by any means. VAC can see modules inside the game process, all running threads, it has integrity routines to make sure certain memory regions aren't being detoured/edited, it can also see what processes have open handles to the game. You can't compare a server sided anti-cheat to a client-sided one.

GetClientName does not need a backend check, because you cannot have one. Unless you want overhead by contacting the Steam API and asking for the user's name, and not allowing them to change it inside your server. It seems bothersome to only show name changes after re-connection anyway.
The fact there are cheaters Cow's anti cheat can catch while VAC can't proves it's better. Also VAC takes a whole week to validate the bans.

Discord: Eyal282#1334
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-03-2019 , 00:41   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
The fact there are cheaters Cow's anti cheat can catch while VAC can't proves it's better. Also VAC takes a whole week to validate the bans.

The plugin can catch people in realtime, yes, but VAC isn't a plugin. It works differently than a plugin. It could catch and ban people instantly but I assume it takes its time and gathers data on the player to make 100% sure they are cheating. You're comparing apples to one-legged spider monkeys.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-03-2019 at 00:43.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2019 , 14:30   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post

The plugin can catch people in realtime, yes, but VAC isn't a plugin. It works differently than a plugin. It could catch and ban people instantly but I assume it takes its time and gathers data on the player to make 100% sure they are cheating. You're comparing apples to one-legged spider monkeys.
Poisonous apples to venomous spiders. The spiders will beat the shit out of the cheater and the apples have to be bitten. I couldn't care less about VAC's tricks if they will cheat a whole week on my server before creating a new account even in prime. It's not that expensive anyways. Also VAC forces a wait of a week to confuse ways to counter it.

Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2019 , 17:27   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #14

VAC can and does ban instantly with known cheats in its defintion database. When a new cheat or updated cheat needs a new definition then bans apply when its definition is added. Think of it as an antivirus.
Old 06-15-2019 , 23:09   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Poisonous apples to venomous spiders. The spiders will beat the shit out of the cheater and the apples have to be bitten.
I said spider monkey, not spider.

Quote:
I couldn't care less...
I can tell.

Quote:
...about VAC's tricks if they will cheat a whole week on my server before creating a new account even in prime. It's not that expensive anyways. Also VAC forces a wait of a week to confuse ways to counter it.
VAC is still better than this plugin.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-15-2019 at 23:09.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2019 , 19:02   Re: [CS:GO] [G]amerX Anti-Cheat (Copy Pasta of Cow Anti-Cheat)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
VAC can and does ban instantly with known cheats in its defintion database. When a new cheat or updated cheat needs a new definition then bans apply when its definition is added. Think of it as an antivirus.
I mean, if VAC had proper capabilities of preventing players from playing permanently then maybe I'd have respect for it but it's just a new account. They are too slothful for a semi-prime, involving only a phone number but that's another story.

Cow's Anti Cheat is definitely a bonus for any server but no server should stop running VAC.