Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2016 , 11:16   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #741

Hmm i am currently making a L4D2_SkinChooser, still unfinished but is going well so far here is a video preview how far i am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blXkCGaP9Xw&feature=youtu.be

I'm still debaiting weither to make this public

Commission me for L4D
raven1910
Old 06-14-2016 , 09:52   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #742

Hello everybody. My English is poor. But I want to say about Zoey. On my windows dedicated server she crashed, of course. I downloaded vmvare, installed Linux on it. and download l4d2 server on Linux. And put in plugins Merudo's csm plugin. And it works perfectly. The server on Linux, but i play on windows. And port forwarding, of course. It turned easily. Other players can join to my Linux server as Hell(well). I'm happy LoL =)
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2016 , 08:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #743

Alternatively, you can the survivor chat select plugin from (I forgot whose post but I think in DeathChaos25) because the Bill crash bug issue is now fixed but now Zoey's temporary fix is changing the entprop to be same as Nick.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-15-2016 , 11:11   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #744

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Alternatively, you can the survivor chat select plugin from (I forgot whose post but I think in DeathChaos25) because the Bill crash bug issue is now fixed but now Zoey's temporary fix is changing the entprop to be same as Nick.
i believe Merudo was the last to update that plugin and he has his own fork of it, Just lookup Merudo and he should have it listed in his plugin, its what i use...
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2016 , 16:22   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
i believe Merudo was the last to update that plugin and he has his own fork of it, Just lookup Merudo and he should have it listed in his plugin, its what i use...
Slightly off-topic, but what happened to Merudo? He joined AM forums and was very active coding major updates for several L4D2 plugins over a couple of months and then disappeared. Has anyone had contact with him/her? Just wondering...

Thanks.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2016 , 22:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #746

Merudo is a lot like deathchaos and the rest of L4D2 past coders. Life swallows them up and you never see them again.

Also...loss of interest. L4D2 doesn't have a cash update style system like other Valve games. Valve updates the game once and awhile because fans beg them, but its only minor security updates. There are no signs of L4D3 minus some leaked documents some years back. No evidence of another DLC or major game related update.

The Workshop is nice, but its only so much.

Last edited by Sev; 06-15-2016 at 22:15.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2016 , 23:44   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #747

Thing is everything that can be done has already been done. Coders can't really come up with something new when they are restricted by game engine.

That's why the only thing I do is to make sure all the old plugins are up to date.
Old 06-16-2016 , 12:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Thing is everything that can be done has already been done. Coders can't really come up with something new when they are restricted by game engine.

That's why the only thing I do is to make sure all the old plugins are up to date.
i agree and disagree, coders will always be restricted by the engine, however i know for a fact, certain coders, if given enough time and thought can make what once was thought impossible, possible...we just have to look outside the box, manipulate the code in such a way to get that impossible effect, to become possible...work around it. i can think of a few coders right now, if they want to bring it to the public, have new plugins never seen before...pretty amazing stuff too...but thats for them to decide. And to sevs point, hes right, i walked away from l4d2 for 2 yrs, because of life issues and loss of interest, i never coded back then. But i do now...and plan on sticking around.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2016 , 12:33   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #749

LEGS would be nice.

Deathchaos was close on that front but something was missing. Not sure what.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2016 , 13:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #750

Yes legs would be nice, altho if you attach the legs to the viewmodell they come predicted it's just letting the client know what sequence to play to the model without the server telling it to , and another problem is with the jumping and stuff attaching the model to the client's model would not look nice, due to jumping as an example there would be a huge delay depending on your latency that your legs would follow and landing after the jump you would see clipping when landing (only way around this is to offset the model behind abit), then there is another thing not may people have a fastdl server for people to join and download content unless your just doing friends games.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 06-16-2016 at 13:35.