Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Some questions regarding REHLDS/REAPI & Orpheu

Post New Thread Reply   

deprale
Old 07-26-2022 , 10:49   Some questions regarding REHLDS/REAPI & Orpheu
Reply With Quote #1

I know you guys don't like to talk about ReHLDS but speaking hypothetically would I be fine with orpheu on rehlds if I just need one signature? For example hooking the roundtime or freezetime.

Can I achieve the same with ReAPI as opposed to using Orpheu? As far as I've researched it would mean finding signatures for each function I want to hook and even then changing those variables might or might not do anything on REHLDS or even crash the server.

Would it be possible to hook roundtime/freezetime and change its value in real time with ReAPI? Or do I REALLY NEED TO USE ORPHEU? To be completely honest the include file isn't that well documented and there's no official docs on what you can and can't do and I'm rather a below average coder at this point so figuring it out on my own gonna take ages, figured I could ask here.

On one hand Orpheu looks sooooo good for some purposes and on the other hand I'd rather have REHLDS but it's sad nobody likes rehlds for some reason
Old 07-26-2022 , 11:45   Re: Some questions regarding REHLDS/REAPI & Orpheu
Reply With Quote #2

what exactly do you want to do?
Old 07-26-2022 , 11:57   Re: Some questions regarding REHLDS/REAPI & Orpheu
Reply With Quote #3

I've done that before and had no problems at all, it's vague but really depends on what signatures you are looking for. What I suggest is to let alone orpheu when you can get it done with reapi, if that's not the case then yea should be safe, I would run some tests to make sure though.

Regarding roundtime/freezetime, freezetime is stored to m_iIntroRoundTime and roundtime to m_iRoundTime, whenever CHalfLifeMultiplay::ReadMultiplayCvars is called.
https://github.com/s1lentq/ReGameDLL...rules.cpp#L272

ReadMultiplayCvars is called when the server start up or the round restart, you could either hook ReadMultiplayCvars with orpheu or update the values on those two events.

lexzor
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2022 , 12:32   Re: Some questions regarding REHLDS/REAPI & Orpheu
Reply With Quote #4

i couldn t create/get signatures even with IDA on rehlds so i stopped from trying use orpheu