Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Restart Server Console

Post New Thread Reply   

Fragkiller
Old 07-02-2022 , 11:39   Restart Server Console
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

So, atleast on Linux, it was possible to restart a CS:S or CS:GO server by typing _restart in console, without shutting it down completly. Useful to have a plugin manage the server restarts, e.g. by waiting for the map session to end instead at an exact time.

So recently, I've updated my CS:S & CS:GO servers to the most recent SM Stable versions, 1.10.6045, and the behaviour for CS:S changed. Now, when trying to type _restart in CS:S, the server shuts down successfully, but doesn't restart anymore. The same effect goes for quit. But for CS:GO its unchanged and working as expected.

Is there any other workaround, and what did SM change, that the behaviour changed in CS:S?
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2022 , 01:03   Re: Restart Server Console
Reply With Quote #2

not familiar with css anymore, but csgo uses a 'wrapper' script. You could do the same for css, or maybe that's what's missing or changed? It's just a simple loop with css in the middle. If you restart, or it crashes it loops and runs css again. you would need to quit your script so it does not restart and stay shut down when needed.
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2022 , 01:55   Re: Restart Server Console
Reply With Quote #3

you have to add "-autoupdate" to the commandline. if i remove -autoupdate and do _restart, server just shutting down.

Example:

-autoupdate -steam_dir "/home/steamcmd" -steamcmd_script "/home/steamcmd/update_css.txt"

update_css.txt

@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1
@NoPromptForPassword 1
force_install_dir /home/gameserver/css
login anonymous
app_update 232330
quit

Last edited by asdfxD; 07-03-2022 at 02:42.
oqyh
Old 07-03-2022 , 06:39   Re: Restart Server Console
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragkiller View Post
Hey,

So, atleast on Linux, it was possible to restart a CS:S or CS:GO server by typing _restart in console, without shutting it down completly. Useful to have a plugin manage the server restarts, e.g. by waiting for the map session to end instead at an exact time.

So recently, I've updated my CS:S & CS:GO servers to the most recent SM Stable versions, 1.10.6045, and the behaviour for CS:S changed. Now, when trying to type _restart in CS:S, the server shuts down successfully, but doesn't restart anymore. The same effect goes for quit. But for CS:GO its unchanged and working as expected.

Is there any other workaround, and what did SM change, that the behaviour changed in CS:S?

This for csgo
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=336242

My discord : oqyh

Last edited by oqyh; 07-03-2022 at 06:41.