Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS] How to port forward and get players to connect?

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2022 , 21:09   Re: [CS] How to port forward and get players to connect?
Reply With Quote #11

The IP address of the device on the LAN to which you want the traffic routed is what is needed for port forwarding. It looks like Mordekay has some sort of DNS implemented for his PC.

If you look at portforward.com, it shows how to do this for many different types of routers. For example, for a random Huawei model that I picked, you can see the same control panel that you have but they show to use the "Virtual Server". On this page, you have to input the LAN IP address.

If that doesn't work, you may need to consider if your ISP and/or modem are blocking anything. If you can open that one port but can't play the game, you could try opening some of the other that are mentioned here.
Old 02-18-2022 , 09:24   Re: [CS] How to port forward and get players to connect?
Reply With Quote #12

I will not say anything on how to forward ports.
I could always host with dmz enabled (it opens all ports) but i couldn't host games with just forwarding ports, and i fixed it.

If you launch hlds and it doesnt show you ipv4 of your internet in it (should be 192.168.x.x:27015) then it needs to be fixed.
To fix that, open command prompt and type ipconfig/all, find the ip that is showing in your hlds, also check those devices (you might have wifi, ethernet 3, bluetooth adapter etc).
Go to control panel and disable those devices (leave your wifi enabled of course) because for some reason, they took over ipv4.
https://www63.zippyshare.com/i/SpQn7OCO/15408/hlds.jpg

I don't know if it helps, but i think you should add +ip <your ipv4> in your hlds command line, like this
https://www64.zippyshare.com/i/HtPtG4gQ/17466/ovo.jpg

I had that problem in first paragraph, fixed it and i added that command in hlds.exe and it worked, i can host with only ports now. (i opened 27000-27100 udp)

Quote:
Is portchecker even supposed to see the port?
It didnt work even when i enabled dmz

And of course, you have to be connected to centralised network to be able to host.

Last edited by Boban1; 02-18-2022 at 09:30.