Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.3.2, 2023-07-22)

Post New Thread Reply   

CupRamen
Old 12-27-2021 , 16:13   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #21

I'm new to server hosting, and I got everything set up correctly, but some items aren't being forced disabled though the commands. I was wondering if I did anything wrong.

bakugo
Old 12-27-2021 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupRamen View Post
I'm new to server hosting, and I got everything set up correctly, but some items aren't being forced disabled though the commands. I was wondering if I did anything wrong.
What do you mean? The ones showing up as disabled correspond with the ones you set to 0.
CupRamen
Old 12-28-2021 , 00:30   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #23

Some items are still toggleable by the user when I would want to keep it the same for the entire server
bakugo
Old 12-29-2021 , 09:13   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupRamen View Post
Some items are still toggleable by the user when I would want to keep it the same for the entire server
Currently there's no way to force-enable items, only force-disable. I might add this in the future.
CommanderPhoenix
Old 01-09-2022 , 20:47   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #25

Are you planning any other reverts in the future? For example, the Persian Persuader or Quick-Fix?
evilscout
Old 02-18-2022 , 03:43   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPhoenix View Post
Are you planning any other reverts in the future? For example, the Persian Persuader or Quick-Fix?
To add onto this, a powerjack (back when it would overheal heath) revert and a crit-a-cola (25% movespeed on use) revert would also be awesome.

Last edited by evilscout; 03-05-2022 at 20:29.
ScherzicScherzo
Old 03-10-2022 , 00:09   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilscout View Post
To add onto this, a powerjack (back when it would overheal heath) revert and a crit-a-cola (25% movespeed on use) revert would also be awesome.
Along with the Backburner (+50 HP), and the Phlogistinator (90% damage resistance, push immunity, and full heal on taunt)
Curly_Braces
Old 03-19-2022 , 10:02   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #28

Hey, i have a request of this plugin.
Could you add an option to fully revert the Heavy nerf from Love & War ("All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing")?
I know that Jungle Inferno made that nerf more bearable by making it only apply when the heavy stops revving instead of every time he stops firing his minigun, but he still feels weak.

If you need help how to implement it, nosoop shared to me a quick explanation of how it could work:
Quote:
What the game does is call CTFMinigun::GetProjectileDamage and CTFMinigun::GetWeaponSpread, which checks how long it's been since the entity started firing, and adjusts the damage and accuracy ramp based on that. I think the simple fix would be to modify the firing start time to something early enough that the ramp up is finished, or hook it and return the result from its superclass.

However, the property isn't synchronized between the server and the client, so unless you apply an attribute to neutralize it in close to real time, the client won't see accurate bullet spread.

Also is this plugin compatible with Rebalanced Fortress 2?
SashaNight
Old 05-14-2022 , 14:32   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hode10001 View Post
The moment hit the enemy, the server crashes, and nothing is written to the log. I'll find out more and write down the cause.

You Sir/Madam are legendary. I was starting to have my theories on the weapons that may have been causing it and after attempting to figure out why TF2 was leaving no logs and google giving super irrelevant answers, you just helped me fix everything.

It would explain why the crashes happened randomly and why it wasn't on kill or anything like that.

But can confirm, that upon disabling Sydney sleeper everything soundly works and has no issues.
Tested multiple times and every time it was the Sydney Sleeper till after disabling that revert.

I have since moved over to Sydney Sleeper extinguish and it works great.

I would commission this mod to be continued and improved!
bakugo
Old 05-14-2022 , 15:22   Re: [TF2] Weapon Reverts (v1.2.0, 2021-11-19)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderPhoenix View Post
I currently do not plan to add any more reverts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScherzicScherzo View Post
Along with the Backburner (+50 HP), and the Phlogistinator (90% damage resistance, push immunity, and full heal on taunt)
See above. Keep in mind that the goal of this plugin was to bring back weapons that became significantly less fun over the years, not just make boring weapons OP again. It specifically targets weapons that encourage more varied and interesting playstyles, the backburner and phlog do the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly_Braces View Post
Hey, i have a request of this plugin.
Could you add an option to fully revert the Heavy nerf from Love & War ("All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing.

Also is this plugin compatible with Rebalanced Fortress 2?
See above. Regarding compatibility, I'm not sure but it should be fine if you don't modify weapons that this plugin affects. Might also work if you modify weapons after force-disabling them in this plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaNight View Post
But can confirm, that upon disabling Sydney sleeper everything soundly works and has no issues.
Tested multiple times and every time it was the Sydney Sleeper till after disabling that revert.
If you can reliably reproduce a server crash with this plugin, please install Accelerator and post a crash report here. Sydney Sleeper doesn't crash the servers I usually play on so I don't know what the cause is.