Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

A new error from my server

Post New Thread Reply   

StarMpK
Old 01-04-2016 , 18:09   A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #1

Hi , I have this problem with my server when I am connecting to my server it shows me in console this :

BUILD 5787 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 1
Error: server failed to transmit file 'deltanumbers.wad'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'delta
Server tried to send invalid command: Motd_write [External]\n"SteamMatchMakingServers"=cstrike\delta.wad \nSteamMatchMakingServers=cstrike\delta.wad\n "SteamMatchMaking"=cstrike\delta.wad\n[Emulator]\nSteamClient=True
Server tried to send invalid command: Motd_write "MasterServers"\n{\n "hl1"\n {\n "0"\n {\n "addr" "ms1.wargods.ro:29000"\n }\n }\n}\n
Server tried to send invalid command: Motd_write "MasterServers"\n{\n "hl1"\n {\n "0"\n {\n "addr" "ms1.wargods.ro:29000"\n }\n }\n}\n
Server tried to send invalid command:

I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS FROM A PLUGIN OR OTHER THING , PLS HELP !!!! ((

Last edited by StarMpK; 01-04-2016 at 20:39.
addicted2sex
Old 01-06-2016 , 20:20   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMpK View Post
Hi , I have this problem with my server when I am connecting to my server it shows me in console this :

BUILD 5787 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 1
Error: server failed to transmit file 'deltanumbers.wad'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'delta
Server tried to send invalid command: Motd_write [External]\n"SteamMatchMakingServers"=cstrike\delta.wad \nSteamMatchMakingServers=cstrike\delta.wad\n "SteamMatchMaking"=cstrike\delta.wad\n[Emulator]\nSteamClient=True
Server tried to send invalid command:

I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS FROM A PLUGIN OR OTHER THING , PLS HELP !!!! ((
First of all this is a client issue. In newest CS patches Valve disabled motd_write for security reasons to prevent client file re-writing violations (like your case). This is done from a plugin which is trying to execute motd_write on the client
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2016 , 20:34   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #3

So, basically, you are running a plugin that effectively has a virus (which has been at least somewhat mitigated by Valve).

Last edited by fysiks; 01-06-2016 at 20:34.
StarMpK
Old 01-07-2016 , 02:18   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #4

How can i find the name of that plugin ?
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2016 , 04:29   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #5

Try this clean install way procedure, but for your own AMXX version and ignoring the "Galileo Reloaded" mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Rename your "addons" to "addons_old" and to install a default amxmodx install at a new empty "addons" folder, but now, without any special plugin for amxmodx and metamod beyond "your troublesome plugin".

Then test if it is working.

If not, you will have to find this incompatibility.

If yes,
1) Install half yours metamod plugins and test if it is working.
2) Install half yours amxx plugins and test if it is working.

If it not work at 1 or 2 above, start from the beginning again, then just install half of half, and try, and goes on until you discover what is breaking.
Well, that solution above is just a extreme case, there is a lot of approaches, here is another example, you can start just disabling everything at metamod and amxx, then see if it is working, hence goes slowly (half by half) enabling things and see if it is working until you find it not working.

This would take for example, almost 10 steps for 1000 plugins, because at first step (disabling or enabling half), you eliminate 500 plugins.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-07-2016 at 04:37. Reason: better info
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2016 , 08:56   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #6

Update your server first. Only latest version of hlds is supported on this forum.
Old 01-07-2016 , 11:29   Re: A new error from my server
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks a lot Guys , You are the best !!!! I will make a donation as soon as possible