Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] nominate map question

Post New Thread Reply   

CaliBeR
Old 11-15-2012 , 05:36   [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys.

I really hate to make an account just to ask you this but I can't seem to unearth the answer on the internet, and I have tried. I'm sure it must be out there somewhere but I haven't found it unfortunately.
I'm quite new to all this, so please forgive my ignorance.

I just put MetaMod and Sourcemod on my dedicated server for Counter-Strike: Source, mainly because I plan to use it with a group of friends and want them to easily be able to pick a map to change to. For this reason I thought of the !nominate and !rtv commands you find on many bhop, gungame or climb servers for example.
So, I got as far as installing sourcemod and moving the desired plugins out of the disabled folder and the commands themselves work fine.

However, what's bugging the hell out of me is that I can see every map I have in my cstrike/maps folder using the !admin menu despite having edited any list files, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the !nominate command list all of them.
At the moment it only shows the default maps that Source ships with.

I'm sure it's a simple fix but I can't figure out as again, this is all new to me and so every little bit is a learning curve at the moment.

I really want to avoid editing any text lists due to the silly amount of maps I have.

Short version:

How do I make !nominate list all of my maps like the !admin map list can.

Again, sorry to have to come to you guys with this but I'm confident it'll be a 2 second thing to you, while I can't seem to find the answer myself.

Last edited by CaliBeR; 11-15-2012 at 05:38. Reason: formatting
Ade
I love purple
Old 11-15-2012 , 06:49   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #2

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Map_Manag...28SourceMod%29
Quote:
Uses the maplists.cfg “nominations” section.
but don't know if that exists by default
Old 11-15-2012 , 08:59   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #3

Yeh, it does. But knowing this has not fixed my issue.

This is what it says:

Quote:
/* For the "nominations" plugin */
"nominations"
{
"target" "default"
}
The default it refers to:

Quote:
/**
* Default requests go right to the mapcyclefile.
*/
"default"
{
"target" "mapcyclefile"
}
Now, I want to try to avoiding writing every map into a text file by hand, and that's what I'll have to do if I edit that file isn't it? There's hundreds.
On the other hand, there's this:

Quote:
/* Admin menu, map menu */
"sm_map menu"
{
"file" "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini"
}
Which I assume (and I could very easily be wrong as I have no idea what I'm doing) is the reason that I get all the maps listed using !admin. However, there is no such file in that location. Secondarily, changing default and/or the "nominate" section to the same thing didn't work.
Another point that might be worth making is that file (adminmenu_maplist.ini) does not seem to exist - at least not in that location. I can't locate it. Don't know if that's normal or not, doesn't seem normal.

I might also mention that I'm using the latest stable snapshot of sourcemod, because the release version of 1.4.6 was crashing the server on launch.

Last edited by CaliBeR; 11-16-2012 at 10:17. Reason: Clarified the problem isn't solved
CaliBeR
Old 11-18-2012 , 10:41   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #4

I really hate to double post but I seem to have disappeared into the nether over what seems a fairly straightforward query. I realise any answers at all are a privilege, not a right, but I'm thinking there's a strong chance the right people haven't even seen this.

So does anyone have any ideas for me? I had read the page linked to me in this thread multiple times before posting but, whether I'm blind or whether the answer isn't there, I haven't figured it out from that information.

Again, I simply want my !nominate list to list all my maps.
My map list in the !admin menu can do it, so I thought it must be fairly straightforward to repeat that effect in !nominate.

At the moment !nominate lists only default maps - de_dust, cs_office etc.
I'm hoping to avoid writing the whole list of my maps by hand due to the huge number of them that I have.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-18-2012 , 11:54   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBeR View Post
I really hate to double post but I seem to have disappeared into the nether over what seems a fairly straightforward query. I realise any answers at all are a privilege, not a right, but I'm thinking there's a strong chance the right people haven't even seen this.

So does anyone have any ideas for me? I had read the page linked to me in this thread multiple times before posting but, whether I'm blind or whether the answer isn't there, I haven't figured it out from that information.

Again, I simply want my !nominate list to list all my maps.
My map list in the !admin menu can do it, so I thought it must be fairly straightforward to repeat that effect in !nominate.

At the moment !nominate lists only default maps - de_dust, cs_office etc.
I'm hoping to avoid writing the whole list of my maps by hand due to the huge number of them that I have.
The map reading code (ReadMapList) has an option to default to using all the maps that exist on your server if the file doesn't exist. Nominations uses this option. So, just set the nominations section of maplists.cfg to a non-existent file.

You should probably set the mapchooser and rockthevote sections to the same thing.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-18-2012 at 11:55.
CaliBeR
Old 11-19-2012 , 02:40   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
The map reading code (ReadMapList) has an option to default to using all the maps that exist on your server if the file doesn't exist. Nominations uses this option. So, just set the nominations section of maplists.cfg to a non-existent file.

You should probably set the mapchooser and rockthevote sections to the same thing.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the help. I tried this earlier, but it didn't work.
I tried it again today, after your suggestion and again, it didn't change anything.

However, given I now had confirmation this might be the problem it gave me an idea. I moved mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt out of the cstrike folder (just in case this didn't work I could easily move them back again) and after effectively having deleted them, I now get all maps listed. I suppose for some reason or another having them overwrote the settings of the cfg somehow or something? In any case it's fixed so I suppose it's somewhat academic at this point.
Unspeakably straightforward in the end. Still, thanks to the two of you who helped out.

Anyone else who is having this issue, try deleting mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt from /cstrike.

My problem is now resolved, thanks guys.
eggo_hamburger
Old 07-02-2022 , 19:27   Re: [CS:S] nominate map question
Reply With Quote #7

anyone who still cares: if you want things to show up in /nominate or rtv, the map name has to be in the mapcycle.txt file found in steamcmd\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta - Dedicated Server\csgo