i had a simple concept for a custom CS:GO gamemode that turned out to be pretty fun!
It is tested, and meant to be played 5v5, so a normal "competitive" base. No idea what kind of chaos would happen with more players
When the round starts Terrorists are unable to see, or hear Counterterrorists. On the other hand, Counterterrorists are unable to attack in any way. 40 seconds after the round has started a random Terrorist will be given a bomb, which he then can proceed to plant anywhere on the map. As soon as the bomb is planted Counterterrorists become visible to the Terrorists, and are able to Attack. After that its normal Counter-Strike with the aim to defuse the bomb.
- ghoststrike_enable - Enables/disables GhostStrike.
- ghoststrike_autodisable - Automatically disable the gamemode on Intermission (Game end)
- ghoststrike_block_invisible_damage - Block damage dealt to invisible counterterrorists
- ghoststrike_allow_trolling - Allow invisible Counter Terrorists to show themselves while holding R(Reload)
- ghoststrike_block_all_invisible_sounds - Block all Sounds created by invisible Countererrorists (Not just steps, but jumps etc as well)
- ghoststrike_c4timer - This value is piped into the mp_c4timer cvar when the gamemode is enabled
- ghoststrike_show_bomb_guidelines - Draw a Line from every Counterterrorist to the bomb when it is planted
- ghoststrike_bomb_delay - The delay in seconds after the roundstart when the bomb will be given out
- ghoststrike_full_noblock - If full noblock should be active instead of using bouncy collisions
- ghoststrike_plant_block_radius - Minimum spherical distance you need to have to previous plant-positions to be able to plant (0 = Off) to prevent re-use of plant spots.
- ghoststrike_ct_hp_bonus - Multiplicator for the HP bonus for CT's for each Terrorist after the fifth one (0 = off).
- ghoststrike_timeover_forceplant - Force the bomb plant when the time is about to hit 0 to prevent trolls.
- Friendlyfire should be on
- The roundtime should be 1min - 1:20
- You should allow Max 8v8, anything above that becomes an unplayable game (Because the gamemode is not designed for that much players).
Restrictions (Per concept):
- Bomb carrier now more consistently gets displayed the plant-block zones
- Possibly fixed a bug where sometimes the HUD / weapon might disappear
- "Error" sound when trying to plant in a restricted area is now played to everyone
- Fixed a bug which prevented `ghoststrike_plant_block_radius` from working at all
- Added Cvar `ghoststrike_timeover_forceplant`. When set to "1" GhostStrike will attempt to enforce a bombplant when the time is about to run out (Or, rightfully give the round win to the CT's if its not feasible). This is an attempt to prevent trolling kiddys. (BETA !!, default off)
- Added HP bonus for CT's when theres more than 5 T's (Bonus per extra T configureable via Cvar `ghoststrike_ct_hp_bonus`)
- Added Cvar `ghoststrike_plant_block_radius` which configures the radius in Units a Terrorist cannot re-plant the bomb to previously planted bomb(s). Setting it to 0 turns it off
- Added new Translation `Cannot_Plant_Region` defining the Message that pops up when you try to plant in the forbidden area
- (hopefully) fixed broken (german) translations...
- Fixed bomb possibly being given in the Freezetime
- Fixed possible issues when trying to disable the plugin / gamemode
- Added `ghoststrike_full_noblock` Cvar to toggle between "real" noblock, and bouncy collisions1.0.3
- Added translation support
- Kill hostages when the mode is active to allow playing on cs_ maps
- Bomb countdown now starts after the freezetime (new Min. val of 20 for ghoststrike_bomb_delay)
- Ghost CT's are now translucent to each other, and fully opaque when they are showing themselves (Trolling)
- Removed cached Cvars because of pointless..ness
- Fixed that < and > chars in a username could break the Hint texts
- Fixed that all sounds BUT footsteps were blocked
- Fix plugin not being directly active on load.
- Move Laserbeam precache to `OnMapStart` to (possibly?) prevent CT's from crashing when `ghoststrike_show_bomb_guidelines` is enabled
- Killing the bombzone in even more locations.
- Kill global BombZone on Mapend to prevent issues.
- Moved Init to OnConfigsExecuted
- Delayed spawn-bombremoval
- Fixed wrong IF statement
- Updated to new SourcePawn Syntax
- Allowed Live-Enabling / Disabling (Bombzones are not removed any more)
- Added more Errorhandling
- Fixed that it didn't work, at all.
- Capitalization fixes
- you are not (supposed to be) able to plant the bomb in locations where you are required to get boosted into. This is achieved by making collisions bouncy.
- While the steps of invisible Counterterrorists are inaudible, any other sound like jumping is not (Cvar changeable).
- Invisible Counterterrorists can still be hit by the Terrorists. This just adds more fun and thrill to the whole thing because it becomes a spamfest and you have to avoid getting killed before Terrorits plant the bomb (Cvar changeable).
- Terrorists are able to bounce into the invisible Counterterrorists, and see blood decals caused by damaging them. Again, this adds more fun and thrill to the game.
This is the first plugin i release publicly. If you have any recommendations to make stuff better feel free to leave them
Sourcecode & more translations