Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player

Post New Thread Reply   

Michael Shoe Maker
Old 11-19-2016 , 16:50   [CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player
Reply With Quote #1

How would you "ragdoll" someone with their current model? I need to do this when the player is still alive so I can reverse the effect without having to kill them.

My thought was to spawn a ragdoll at their feet and just make the player invisible to give the effect.

Last edited by Michael Shoe Maker; 11-19-2016 at 16:50.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 11-19-2016 , 16:54   Re: [CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player
Reply With Quote #2

I never tried the whole faking the client side ragdoll but I have messed with Prop_Ragdolls and they do bonemerge.
So you'd spawn the ragdoll, parent it and bonemerge it, then unparent (ClearParent) the ragdoll and it will maintain the the original player's stance.
Michael Shoe Maker
Old 11-20-2016 , 05:34   Re: [CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks,

There is a weird problem though, sometimes the ragdoll disappears meaning that the owner of it (the client) is no longer referable and therefore I cannot restore them.

Last edited by Michael Shoe Maker; 11-20-2016 at 06:36.
Shadowysn
Old 09-25-2019 , 12:09   Re: [CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
I never tried the whole faking the client side ragdoll but I have messed with Prop_Ragdolls and they do bonemerge.
So you'd spawn the ragdoll, parent it and bonemerge it, then unparent (ClearParent) the ragdoll and it will maintain the the original player's stance.
prop_ragdoll is a server entity with physics parts all calculated serverside, meaning that you'd put more stress on the server just for a body that's synced with all clients.

Now, that's good and all if you're in absolute need of it for things that require you to get the exact position that'll match up with all clients, but cs_ragdoll is better if the body is just decorative.

You can type in the console sm_dump_netprops netpropthing, find the netpropthing file in your main game folder, and open it up like a .txt file.
Search for some words like:
CCS_Ragdoll
and then use SetEntProp with those properties just below CCS_Ragdoll when you spawn the ragdoll using CreateEntityByName in order to setup model, velocity, etc.

I don't know about CS:GO, but I learned from experience that the cs_ragdoll entity in L4D2 crashes the game if it doesn't have a model setup.
As such, you may encounter crashing when you try to set it all up, but don't get discouraged.

Keep persisting and trying different methods, and your server won't have to deal with server-handled, expensive ragdolls.

Alternatively you can keep those server ragdolls, since just now after editing I noticed you'd restore clients from their bodies. There's still the server impact though, so it'll just be in your judgement in whether or not you should go with client or server bodies.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 09-25-2019 at 12:14.
quasemago
Old 09-25-2019 , 13:47   Re: [CS:GO] Ragdoll'ing a player
Reply With Quote #5

This item of TTT basically does what you need: https://github.com/Bara/TroubleinTer...tt_knockout.sp

If you liked my work, consider making a donation via PayPal.