Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Deathrace (v2.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2019 , 19:01   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
So, about the crashing, found the source of it, it is on the Deathrace_Main plugin.

Removing public Task_UpdateBot() and removing "Task_UpdateBot()" on stock create_fakebot() makes the server able to start with the mod active, maybe it helps to find what is causing the crash.
Consider either increasing time over 1.5 seconds and or using set_task_ex.

Code:
set_task(1.5, "Task_UpdateBot");

More importantly
Code:
///create_fakebot(); set_task_ex(40.0, "create_fakebot", 55, .flags = SetTask_AfterMapStart);
Use set_task_ex on that as issue arises on mapchange not disconnect or does it?

This mod sounds cool. Autoduel memories. Best of luck.
Old 04-01-2019 , 10:37   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #712

When map changes a few seconds later server crashes and continues to crash, doesn't happen everytime the map changes, but sometimes, increasing the time would be better then?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2019 , 11:02   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #713

It had that happen recently when playing with AMXX variants of FAKEFULL making bots. One of my other camper plugins and it did not react too well and started crashing.

I immediately quit using the fakefull fakebot variant and issue disappeared.

Have you tried retiming it yet or checking what other plugins are uniquely enabled on the given crash prone maps? set_task_ex(40.0, "create_fakebot", 55, .flags = SetTask_AfterMapStart); would require AMXX 1.9.0 to test.

It seems to me there is too much too soon at the start of the map.
  • Does it crash on it's own when you change map on console without players?
  • What plugin do you use to pick the next map?
  • Have you tried disabling it to test on the map changes?
  • Is it the same maps every time?

Just answer what you can with minimal quotes please!
Old 04-01-2019 , 17:13   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
It had that happen recently when playing with AMXX variants of FAKEFULL making bots. One of my other camper plugins and it did not react too well and started crashing.

I immediately quit using the fakefull fakebot variant and issue disappeared.

Have you tried retiming it yet or checking what other plugins are uniquely enabled on the given crash prone maps? set_task_ex(40.0, "create_fakebot", 55, .flags = SetTask_AfterMapStart); would require AMXX 1.9.0 to test.

It seems to me there is too much too soon at the start of the map.
  • Does it crash on it's own when you change map on console without players?
  • What plugin do you use to pick the next map?
  • Have you tried disabling it to test on the map changes?
  • Is it the same maps every time?

Just answer what you can with minimal quotes please!
Hello, haven't tried yet, can't really tell when it crashes becouse i'm not online most of the times, but everytime the server crashes the last line it's seen is the name of the bot, can't remember the line right now, i'm using galileo for the mapchange but it isn't the problem as the server crashes on start with the bot active, it's clearly the problem, haven't really check about the map if it is the same or not, i'll pay attention to that next time it crashes
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2019 , 19:49   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #715

My server also was in a continuous crash cycle until I used mapchooser4 for extend/nominate instead of Galileo. Like for like. No trade-offs!
Old 04-01-2019 , 20:18   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #716

Yeah, but in my case with deathrace the problem is with the bot, not the galileo, i allready checked, i'm just removing the bot for now and using infinite round, hope gets fixed.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2019 , 20:47   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #717

The Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 being used here doesn't crash. Same crash no galileo and changing the timing? That's no fun.
The new timing control, which only works on AMXX 1.9.0; won't load with Galileo.

Use link if you want. It might help. Script deals with different maps, CPU loads, bot mixing, and map crash fixing.
Old 04-02-2019 , 00:09   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #718

It's perfectly fine to use infinite round if it does the job properly, which I think it does. So, everything else should work fine.

I've never bothered to diagnose the problem back in 2011.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2019 , 08:03   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #719

Too bad this doesn't involve vehicles. My interest is diminishing. What are the bots? Are they players? The boxes? What are they, and what do they do? If you can play without them and they crash Linux why are they there? Round control? I looked at the script, and this does not come to me by surprise all these things are happening.
Old 04-02-2019 , 10:24   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Too bad this doesn't involve vehicles. My interest is diminishing. What are the bots? Are they players? The boxes? What are they, and what do they do? If you can play without them and they crash Linux why are they there? Round control? I looked at the script, and this does not come to me by surprise all these things are happening.
Have you watched the movie "Death Race"? That's the idea of the mod. Bot exists for round control, nothing more. I don't think anyone addressed the problem before, I just thought it was my server that was messed up.

Boxes are basically upgrades you pick to increase your chances of winning (they can also be downgrades such as a death crate or a drug crate), whether by stopping/killing your enemy or getting you ahead of everybody by means of an increase in speed etc.

If func_vehicle was involved, it'd have been messy and more complicated to code. The mod can certainly use some upgrades that are not hard to implement, such as a point/reward system.

All in all, you may want to move on from CS. CSGO has a lot of potential.