Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?

Post New Thread Reply   

blue zebra
BANNED
Old 08-18-2010 , 03:24   New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi.
I have some optional anti-cheat idea for CS:S.

1, When a player press the INS or DEL button ingame, the server kick or ban him. Or if this is not possible, print a message to the chat area for all players: Warning! x.y. player is a cheater. Or similar.
- (some cheats have cheat menu. the menu turned on or off with these two buttons)

2, Headshot counting script.
- The scipt counting the headshots for all player. When a player reach 10/10 HS or 12/11 or 12/10, the server automaticaly ban him. When a player reach 4-5 HS and one non HS, the script reset the count and start over again.

3, Anti spinhack script.
- When a player spining fastly, (less than 10 seconds) the server automatically ban him.

4, Some cheat write him's name and version in the chat area. From time to time. For example: AirwavesPC v1.1 by b2k5 or similar. When one player write this, or similar data, the server ban him.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited by blue zebra; 08-18-2010 at 03:32.
bmxican0091
Old 08-18-2010 , 04:12   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #2

Here are my thoughts:

Quote:
1, When a player press the INS or DEL button ingame, the server kick or ban him. Or if this is not possible, print a message to the chat area for all players: Warning! x.y. player is a cheater. Or similar.
- (some cheats have cheat menu. the menu turned on or off with these two buttons)
Im not so sure about this, the "Insert" & "Delete" buttons could have been binded to something custom for a player. For example a player could have binded his flashlight to "Insert"(Just an example). So someone could get banned innocently.

Quote:
2, Headshot counting script.
- The scipt counting the headshots for all player. When a player reach 10/10 HS or 12/11 or 12/10, the server automaticaly ban him. When a player reach 4-5 HS and one non HS, the script reset the count and start over again.
Again, there might be the slight chance that it is a hacker, but there is heaps of good players out there that dont hack and get repeatedly get headshots, so again people could get banned innocently.

Quote:
3, Anti spinhack script.
- When a player spining fastly, (less than 10 seconds) the server automatically ban him.
I am not totally sure about this one, im not sure whether SourceMod could detect a player spinning really fast, but it might be possible.

Quote:
4, Some cheat write him's name and version in the chat area. From time to time. For example: AirwavesPC v1.1 by b2k5 or similar. When one player write this, or similar data, the server ban him.
First of all, SourceMod cant detect when certain things are writen in chat, and secondly someone could inocently say "What is this server plugin called" where someone could reply with "DMWinner v1.1.3 by bmxican0091" again thats just another example.

These are all just my thoughts, but if there is a coder out there that thinks they could be intergrated into a anti-cheat plugin go for it

Bmxican

blue zebra
BANNED
Old 08-18-2010 , 15:14   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #3

1, The ingame INS button users in 99,8% cheaters. I have 2 popular servers. Trust me.
2, 10/10 or 12/11 or 12/10 headshots ratio only reach the cheaters. 99,8 % Good players never reach the 70% of the headshots. Average players reach max. 50-55% of the headshots. Try it out.
3, Maybe
4, Maybe
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-18-2010 , 16:05   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #4

Did you know 60% of statistics are made up on the spot? I'm fairly certain you can only detect predefined keys, which kills your entire idea to begin with, but there is no decent way to catch a hacker by using headshot percentages. You will always have false positives unless you make the numbers obscene, at which point it does you no good, which is why very few anti cheats even use that method.
Old 08-19-2010 , 02:46   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Did you know 60% of statistics are made up on the spot? I'm fairly certain you can only detect predefined keys, which kills your entire idea to begin with, but there is no decent way to catch a hacker by using headshot percentages. You will always have false positives unless you make the numbers obscene, at which point it does you no good, which is why very few anti cheats even use that method.
Quite a few people could get banned without even breaking rules. Just because a player gets headshots doesnt mean they are a hacker. If you have ever seen competition CS:S you would know that.

Ohh and your stats are wrong, because most hacks dont have in-game menus as that is a major way of them getting detected.

blue zebra
BANNED
Old 08-22-2010 , 08:27   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #6

Thanks for the answers.
So the Headshot counter script is impossible? Anyone can write this script?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-22-2010 , 08:32   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #7

The headshot script isn't impossible, it's impractical, and will end up banning innocent players despite your good intentions.
Old 08-22-2010 , 15:16   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #8

I do not see it that way. The hardcore gamers reach a maximum of 65-70 percent from the headshots. 90-100 percent in the clear fraud. Most people do not want such players to play together. It is irrelevant to cheat, or just hardcore players. Someone could write this script? HS 10/10 or 12/12 or 12/11 series should be a ban. Or adjustable HS ratio if the writer want that. Thank you in advance for your help.
Ps.: Sorry for my english.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2010 , 22:38   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #9

It wouldnt work. Youre making assumptions on certain things, which is why that logic wont work. You just proved why in your own comment. "The hardcore gamers reach a maximum of 65-70 percent." Well thats great but there are professional players out there who can maintain nothing but headshots for the most part. Youre just throwing a number out there. Unless you could definitively say NO ONE can reach higher than that, it would always yield false positives. Any type of coding that has the remote possibility of false positives is already a failure.

Its a good idea in theory but, there is a reason why in the past 20 years you don't see any definitive solutions to catching cheaters, because its incredibly difficult to code.

Last edited by retsam; 08-22-2010 at 22:42.
blue zebra
BANNED
Old 08-24-2010 , 12:15   Re: New anticheat ideas. Anyone can do these scripts?
Reply With Quote #10

Ok. Thanks. I understand that. Other way? Like the k/d ratio ban? If the player is reached one adjustabled k/d ratio, he will be banned automatically? This losers do. Login --> do 8-9-10:0 in one round, on one 64 sots server. Shot only Headshots. If the admin present, this is not big problem. But when no admin present on the server, the cheaters emptied the server.

Watch values of the stat? Like the 12:0 15:1 or something? This way is not good too? My and all of the european servers is full with cheaters. Thanks for the p7, x22, and other shi* teams.

Now we use this scipt, but this application is full with bugs: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ht=ratio+limit

The idea is briliant, but unfortunately this script sometimes work, sometimes not.

Last edited by blue zebra; 08-24-2010 at 12:29.