[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

josko
Old 08-27-2012 , 17:32   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
on lines 174,190,194 etc or any line that says "ShowActivity2..... "

just add a // in front of it like //ShowActivity2...... to comment it out and it won't show anything on screen.

Thanks!
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2012 , 17:47   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotzombie View Post
Since the 1.1.0 update, there's no functionality like the original version's sm_resize_mode. You can only force a player to resize when they login, but they can't use the !resize command anymore.

Can you add this back in?
What about using sm_resizeme? Also, sm_resize_mode was removed because overrides can do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josko View Post
Hi, I was wondering how I could remove so it dosn't say that an admin resized someone, how can I do that? What code to I need to remove?
If you don't want this message shown to the public (or indeed any admin too), then one can assume you may not want the public (or admins seeing similar messages for any plugin. In which case, sm_show_activity from sourcemod's standard settings can do this.
Old 08-27-2012 , 19:05   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #93

Hey guys,

Is there a way to enable resizing for all players on the server/allowing them access to the resize HUD panel so I don't have to set up admin privileges for specific people? I don't think I saw anything in the cvars that allow this.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
What about using sm_resizeme? Also, sm_resize_mode was removed because overrides can do the same thing.

If you don't want this message shown to the public (or indeed any admin too), then one can assume you may not want the public (or admins seeing similar messages for any plugin. In which case, sm_show_activity from sourcemod's standard settings can do this.
Looks like robot zombie basically already asked this. Is there any particular reason why non-admin access was removed from the plugin? Just...too much player abuse?

Last edited by bowserkoopa; 08-27-2012 at 19:09.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-27-2012 , 20:23   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserkoopa View Post
Hey guys,

Is there a way to enable resizing for all players on the server/allowing them access to the resize HUD panel so I don't have to set up admin privileges for specific people? I don't think I saw anything in the cvars that allow this.

EDIT:

Looks like robot zombie basically already asked this. Is there any particular reason why non-admin access was removed from the plugin? Just...too much player abuse?
umm I believe you should be able to go into over rides and do like "sm_resizeme" "" and "sm_scaleme" ""

notice how there is nothing in the middle of those "" that should allow anyone access to those commands at that point.
bowserkoopa
Old 08-27-2012 , 22:18   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
umm I believe you should be able to go into over rides and do like "sm_resizeme" "" and "sm_scaleme" ""

notice how there is nothing in the middle of those "" that should allow anyone access to those commands at that point.
Is this in the admin_overrides.cfg file you're talking about (under addons/sourcemod/configs)? I've tried adding these lines to that cfg file and it didn't work. Or do these go in the server.cfg or sourcemod.cfg files?
robotzombie
Old 08-27-2012 , 22:49   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #96

Code:
Overrides
{
	"sm_resizeme"		""
	"sm_scaleme"		""
}
in admin_overrides.cfg still says "You do not have access to this command".

Last edited by robotzombie; 08-27-2012 at 22:55.
CuriousG
Old 08-28-2012 , 01:08   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
More than TF2 apparently. Mitchell uses this on his CS:S server, so we suspect it may work on most games on the Orange Box engine (TF2, CS:S, DOD:S, HL2DM and GMod). Confirmation for these will be handy.

On another note, CuriousG told me that the m_flModelScale netprop hasn't yet appeared in TF2 Beta although it likely will in a month or two. It's always annoying how Valve don't use Beta for it's intended use, that is, to test new features before properly releasing them. Instead, they go gung ho and release it straight into TF2 without testing and screw up almost every server for a week.
With the TF2 Beta update today, the Resize plugin works now!
josko
Old 08-28-2012 , 04:36   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:

I wrote sm_show_activity 5, hope that does it!

EDIT:

I don't know how sm_show_activity works, but it still shows that an admin resized a certain player, or does it just say that for me? In that case it's okay

Last edited by josko; 08-28-2012 at 05:39.
josko
Old 08-28-2012 , 08:12   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #99

The commands:

sm_resize_joinstatus 1
sm_resize_damage 0
sm_resize_voices 0
sm_resize_defaultresize 0.7

Only work on map change. If the server has restarted it will be normal. Why is that? How can I change that? I have all those commands in my server.cfg, it should make all players who join on server start size of 0.7, but these commands only executes when a map changes...
josko
Old 08-28-2012 , 12:28   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
You really should just edit the source and compile it yourself - that's what I do so I don't have to worry about any cvar changes - you can then go in and comment out the showactivity locations at the same time.

Here I did it all for you for the numbers you listed above.

Ah, I think I understand now, the cvar sm_resize_joinstatus was 0 before, now thats it 1 it should make so everyone who join becomes resized on server start too and not only on map changes. Only problem though is with multiplay gameservers, they don't have ftp access yet, so I have to upload every file I change and that takes like 12+ hours >.<

Last edited by josko; 08-28-2012 at 12:50.