Raised This Month: $72 Target: $400
 18% 

Dota 2 Dedicated Servers


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
kidovate
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Old 04-06-2014 , 16:00   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #21

Aside from our crashes due to cosmetics on Linux, I'm having another issue now... The server seems to shutdown whenever someone disconnects, for example, if I fail to connect (like I don't have the map or something), the server instantly closes. Same thing if someone disconnects halfway through.

I'm running metamod and sourcemod, as well as d2fixups. I'm not sure what would cause this. The server log just says someone disconnected, and then immediately ends.
kidovate is offline
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 04-06-2014 , 16:01   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidovate View Post
Aside from our crashes due to cosmetics on Linux, I'm having another issue now... The server seems to shutdown whenever someone disconnects, for example, if I fail to connect (like I don't have the map or something), the server instantly closes. Same thing if someone disconnects halfway through.

I'm running metamod and sourcemod, as well as d2fixups. I'm not sure what would cause this. The server log just says someone disconnected, and then immediately ends.
That's a known issue with SourceMod on Dota right now (as of a few Dota updates ago), at least on Windows servers.

Last edited by psychonic; 04-06-2014 at 16:01.
psychonic is offline
kidovate
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Old 04-06-2014 , 16:18   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That's a known issue with SourceMod on Dota right now (as of a few Dota updates ago), at least on Windows servers.
Psy this is also Quantum on Steam, glad to see you're still looking at this thread.

I'm having trouble connecting to the server on three windows servers right now, I'm not quite sure why as if I launch the Alien Swarm style setup on the server it works fine, but using the same port in this version I can't connect. This is strange as I can connect to it on my local server.

The setups are exactly the same on every server as I have an exe setting everything up. Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to connect?

Also, does RCON use TCP or UDP in this? Which is better? Do I need the rcon handshake?
kidovate is offline
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 04-06-2014 , 18:09   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That's a known issue with SourceMod on Dota right now (as of a few Dota updates ago), at least on Windows servers.
This should now be fixed in SM 1.6.0-hg4312 and later snapshots.
psychonic is offline
Vorian
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Old 04-13-2014 , 06:21   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #25

So, I followed these guides:
https://github.com/ash47/Frota#how-d...ay-with-friend[1]
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding...host_your_own/[2]
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...03#post2110203[3]
But whatever I do, I can't get it to work. I run srcds.exe via the command line and the shortcut but each way it just closes after few seconds.
Here's how my folders look:
http://imgur.com/a/MgOyl#0 [4]
Any idea what could be going wrong?
Here's some log file i dug up:
Code:
---- Host_NewGame ----
material "nodraw" not found.
Missing map material: nodraw
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
Host_NewGame on map riverofsouls
ConVarRef r_flashoverbudget doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Error, bad server command snd_reload_caches
Executing dedicated server config file
Set Gravity 800.0 (0.250 tolerance)
SoundEmitter:  adding map sound overrides from scripts/game_sounds_custom.txt [66 total, 7 replacements, 0 duplicated replacements]
S:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_INIT'
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_01.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_02.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/pig_sfm_low.mdl over budget: 5911 tris, 1 batches
Model creeps/neutral_creeps/n_creep_ogre_lrg/n_creep_ogre_lrg.mdl over budget: 4132 tris, 2 batches
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl1.mdl!
error.mdl : material "models/error/new light1" not found.
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl2.mdl!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_lamp"!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_destroy_lvl3"!
Can't find soundscape: radiant_center
Dynamic prop prop_dynamic_clientside: no sequence named:Secretshop_radiant_idle
Invalid file size for motd.txt
Invalid file size for host.txt
Created class baseline: 27 classes, 18030 bytes.
CGameEventManager:: unknown type 'uint32' for key 'accountID' [player_info_updated].
exec: couldn't exec server.cfg
Error, bad server command snd_reload_caches
CSoundEmitterSystem:  Registered 1454 sounds
Vorian is offline
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 04-13-2014 , 10:15   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
So, I followed these guides:
https://github.com/ash47/Frota#how-d...ay-with-friend[1]
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding...host_your_own/[2]
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...03#post2110203[3]
But whatever I do, I can't get it to work. I run srcds.exe via the command line and the shortcut but each way it just closes after few seconds.
Here's how my folders look:
http://imgur.com/a/MgOyl#0 [4]
Any idea what could be going wrong?
Here's some log file i dug up:
Code:
---- Host_NewGame ----
material "nodraw" not found.
Missing map material: nodraw
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
Host_NewGame on map riverofsouls
ConVarRef r_flashoverbudget doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Error, bad server command snd_reload_caches
Executing dedicated server config file
Set Gravity 800.0 (0.250 tolerance)
SoundEmitter:  adding map sound overrides from scripts/game_sounds_custom.txt [66 total, 7 replacements, 0 duplicated replacements]
S:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_INIT'
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_01.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_02.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/pig_sfm_low.mdl over budget: 5911 tris, 1 batches
Model creeps/neutral_creeps/n_creep_ogre_lrg/n_creep_ogre_lrg.mdl over budget: 4132 tris, 2 batches
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl1.mdl!
error.mdl : material "models/error/new light1" not found.
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl2.mdl!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_lamp"!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_destroy_lvl3"!
Can't find soundscape: radiant_center
Dynamic prop prop_dynamic_clientside: no sequence named:Secretshop_radiant_idle
Invalid file size for motd.txt
Invalid file size for host.txt
Created class baseline: 27 classes, 18030 bytes.
CGameEventManager:: unknown type 'uint32' for key 'accountID' [player_info_updated].
exec: couldn't exec server.cfg
Error, bad server command snd_reload_caches
CSoundEmitterSystem:  Registered 1454 sounds
It looks like D2Fixups isn't loaded, possibly from MM:S not being loaded or installed.
psychonic is offline
McM3yer
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Old 04-13-2014 , 11:05   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #27

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to setup an offline dota 2 server for a lan party (completly without internet), metamod and the d2fixups are installed, but if i'm trying to host a new game over typing 'map dota' the server kills itself without giving an error or something else. Any ideas about what I can do?

#Console initialized.
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\dota\sound_vo_english
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\dota\pak01
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\platform\pak01
#Could not get IReplayDirector interface from library server.dll#Game.dll loaded for "Dota 2"
[D2Fixups] Warning: Failed to setup Test Clint shutdown patch.
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Unknown command "mat_grain_enable"
Unknown command "dota_camer_listening_offset"

meta version
Metamod:Source version 1.10.1-dev
Build ID: 863:40f95b364a37-dev
Loaded As: GameDLL (gameinfo.txt)
Compiled on: Aug 25 2013
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] Dota 2 Fixups (2.0.1) by Nicholas Hastings
McM3yer is offline
CyberStars
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 04-22-2014 , 11:32   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStars View Post
Server runs fine. But when me and my friend play on it, it crashes after a short time when game is in progress.
Is there any news about this issue?
CyberStars is offline
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 04-22-2014 , 12:05   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStars View Post
Is there any news about this issue?
There is an issue with Linux servers causing it to crash in some bone/animation logic. It is difficult to debug and not the fault of any plugins.
psychonic is offline
Quintinity
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Old 04-22-2014 , 16:04   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #30

What are the possible causes of this message? The server shuts itself down afterwards.

Code:
************************************************
*  Unable to load Steam support library.       *
*  This server will operate in LAN mode only.  *
************************************************
I am running on Windows and MM:S and D2Fixups are loading properly.

Last edited by Quintinity; 04-22-2014 at 16:04.
Quintinity is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode