Raised This Month: $78 Target: $400
 19% 

Dota 2 Dedicated Servers


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 06-10-2014 , 07:47   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStars View Post
I know that for Dota 2 (fixups) the max value for maxplayers is 10 (5 per team).
That was true about four months ago. Since then, the maximum limit on that convar was raised to the server's max of 32. However, you can still only have a maximum of 5 players on each radiant and dire. Other slots are just for spectators/broadcasters.
psychonic is offline
CyberStars
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 06-10-2014 , 07:59   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That was true about four months ago. Since then, the maximum limit on that convar was raised to the server's max of 32. However, you can still only have a maximum of 5 players on each radiant and dire. Other slots are just for spectators/broadcasters.
Good note )
CyberStars is offline
CyberStars
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 06-10-2014 , 08:01   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DEMON View Post
In Linux you have a file steamclitnt.so ?
It should be in main /bin folder.
CyberStars is offline
_DEMON
Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Old 06-11-2014 , 04:40   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStars View Post
Have you added
Code:
+exec server.cfg
at the end of your run command?
Yes.
_DEMON is offline
CyberStars
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 06-11-2014 , 04:59   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DEMON View Post
How to make the delay spectators?
Do you mean delay for players connected as spectator (like by command "
jointeam spec") or players connected to Source TV?

Because tv_delay is for Source TV clients.
CyberStars is offline
hideov
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Old 06-11-2014 , 11:35   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #106

I'm totally new to the world of srcds, and I was wondering: is there a way to connect using rcon to srcds for dota? I tried using pysrcds to the linux version, but my connection is rejected. I had not the chance to try with srcds.exe yet today.
hideov is offline
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 06-11-2014 , 12:02   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideov View Post
I'm totally new to the world of srcds, and I was wondering: is there a way to connect using rcon to srcds for dota? I tried using pysrcds to the linux version, but my connection is rejected. I had not the chance to try with srcds.exe yet today.
Make sure that you specify the IP address on the command line (with -ip) rather than letting it default to all interfaces. Without it specified, the rcon socket will not bind.
psychonic is offline
_kaaarl_
New Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Old 06-11-2014 , 12:09   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #108

Hey,

I'm also totally new here and I've got a problem with my server. When i connect to the server I always get a auto disconnect after 5 secs ;(

serverlog: http://imgur.com/dHrORic
clientconsole: http://i.imgur.com/YEZjZte.jpg

Can someone help me?
_kaaarl_ is offline
hideov
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Old 06-11-2014 , 12:20   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Make sure that you specify the IP address on the command line (with -ip) rather than letting it default to all interfaces. Without it specified, the rcon socket will not bind.
I specify my internal ip, as in -ip 192.168.0.6, and I try to connect from inside my Local network.
I do not specify the port, but asap i'll try to do that as well

edit:
Calling srcds with -ip localip -port 27015, and with -ip 127.0.0.1 -port 27015 (in both cases trying to connect from the same machine, hence the 127.0.0.1 try), holds no result. The connection is rejected. I can see from Wireshark the package going to port tcp 27015, so something is coming out of Python for sure.
I tried both without password and with password, setting it on srcds using
Code:
rcon_password pass

Last edited by hideov; 06-11-2014 at 13:15.
hideov is offline
_DEMON
Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Old 06-11-2014 , 21:02   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStars View Post
Do you mean delay for players connected as spectator (like by command "
jointeam spec") or players connected to Source TV?

Because tv_delay is for Source TV clients.
It's true! I want to make a delay or cancel the command jointeam spec and make came on SourceTV

Last edited by _DEMON; 06-11-2014 at 21:04.
_DEMON is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode