TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2009 , 16:54   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
I would like to make a suggestion though. Make the number of achievements the player is banned after a variable instead of just one, if you feel like putting in the time. I'd say it would increase the flexibility of the plugin as a whole.
Good idea, I'll do that.
Old 02-25-2009 , 16:58   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #12

+rep

very good idea, keep the work, if we do this, won't be places to farm, so everybody will play legit
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2009 , 17:17   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #13

Updated to 2.1.

Added cvar "sm_honeypot_achievements" to let the plugin set the number of achievements needed before adding the player to the ban queue.
Old 02-25-2009 , 18:46   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #14

sexconker, keep your personal drama with the plugin creator out of the plugin's thread please. No one's interested what email you wrote to him to start a fight and how you exchanged hostile words. Clearly this plugin, as the author has repeatedly stated, is not for the average user. It is meant for server owners that know exactly what they want to achieve with their server.

And msleeper, you have no obligation to respond at all. I really don't see why so many people are butthurt over this plugin. There is nothing wrong with having it available for distribution. You join a server, you see the plugin is running, so you decide to go elsewhere, it's that simple.
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-25-2009 , 21:13   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #15

I don't know why everyone is bashing him... it's the server admins choice if they want to install this.

Me, personally, I don't see a problem with farming. Which is why I specifically setup a server, and have a ginormous event that lasts for hours. It's a fun event for community building. So, sorry but I gladly help contribute to farming

Although, someone posted the unlocker on my forums, and I promptly removed it, because that is altering the game. Farming is legitimate play.

Either way, nothing wrong with this plugin. Works as intended. And if a server owner wants to use it, Let Them.

Last edited by rocketteem; 02-25-2009 at 21:16.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 10:48   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #16

I agree rocketteem. If msleeper wants to do this on his servers that's his choice. I don't agree with it necessarily, but I always support server owners to do as much or as little as they want to their own servers.

There's no need to be rude or upset toward him, or to say "I'll never play on your servers." If you've been farming he doesn't want you there anyway.
f0rkz
Old 02-26-2009 , 11:44   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #17

All I can say is wow. The amount of immature personal attacks being thrown around is ridiculous. I am a tad upset with the spamming of the nuke msleeper's carma threads on the mailing lists. He is a good scripter and there is no reason to kill his forum rep.

I mean, some of those attacks are personal threats against his life. That is fucked up guys.

/me goes back to trolling the srcds mailing lists.
abelp
Old 02-26-2009 , 16:05   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #18

If you dont like it....dont use it.
sm_honeypot_achievements cvar has made it a little more tolerant for people who dont want to ban a user just for getting 1 achievement.

But you really did start this thread with some heat.
You made a public site with people steam ids with the probable intention of other servers banning them as well.
Imagine someone who felt so strong that the demo was so overpowered he made a plugin that if anyone used the demo he would be banned...pretty ridiculous right?

But I know what your thinking. "These people are cheating...get that through your head"
Not everyone desires to play for 2 months to get their new weapons.
I mean how can you? You're playing a game and here you are the only dude with 0 new weapons while everyones having fun with it.
Some of us dont have the time....
Instead of being mad at the players , you really should be mad at Valve.

Overall: I think its a good idea.
Just started the thread with buffalo wings with too much hot sauce.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 16:34   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #19

Well that is entirely someone's prerogative if they want to write a script to autoban Demomen, or any class. Personally I hate Spies, Snipers and Scouts and we often joke about how playing them is a "bannable offense" but I wouldn't actually do it. More importantly, I don't think you can draw a parallel between "personal preference of Class" and "personal preference of farming". I see where you're coming from but it's not quite the same thing.

I made the banlist publicly available like dozens of other gaming communities do. Yeah sure I have some heated, opiniated text there but that doesn't mean people -have- to listen to it or believe the same way I do.

As for the plugin itself, I am more than happy to make any changes or alterations people may want or need for this to suit their needs. It should be noted that a person's achievement counter is reset on map change, so if someone wants to ban them in normal games if they get more than 3 or 4 or however many achievements in a single map, that is entirely viable.
Old 02-26-2009 , 16:37   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #20

Also thanks to the people who have given me +Karma to counteract the spamming for "nuking" my Karma. I am disgusted at the fact that I am not going to be naming names since I don't want the masses doing the same to you, but I do appreciate the support.