Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

l4ulwtlln
Old 02-16-2008 , 13:38   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #71

i just looked into it & im pretty sure it is the same person http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=32517 http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63065 names look familiar?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-16-2008 , 13:40   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #72

I have had 3 different people in my clan with the name CampingCarl at one point. None of the 3 were the same person.

The only way you can prove it is with an IP check. And you have to get with an Admin if you want that done

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
flyeni6
Old 02-16-2008 , 13:43   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4ulwtlln View Post
i just looked into it & im pretty sure it is the same person http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=32517 http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63065 names look familiar?

Nope i dont see anything.
And like Yami said again.. Go tell an admin because your complaints dont mean nothing in this thread.

Send a message via AIM to flyeni6
l4ulwtlln
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:00   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeni6 View Post
Nope i dont see anything.
And like Yami said again.. Go tell an admin because your complaints dont mean nothing in this thread.
i was not complaining only saying something i noticed and y r u being so hostel to me?
kp_uparrow
Penalized Member
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:01   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #75

why are we going after LT DT? they didnt break the GPL rules

get back on flaming MD
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:07   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #76

finally back to the topic.

Send a message via AIM to flyeni6
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:08   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #77

Oh I'm sorry. It seems every time I take leave of absence from this website something relatively big happens and I miss it.

This time it's another violation of the GPL. Well, can't really say this is the first time it's happened but interesting nonetheless.

Though it is wonderful that more and more people are beginning to support the open source concept.
Penalized Member
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:15   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #78

Violations of the GNU Licenses

If you think you see a violation of the GNU GPL, LGPL, AGPL, or FDL, the first thing you should do is double-check the facts:

* Does the distribution contain a copy of the License?
* Does it clearly state which software is covered by the License? Does it say anything misleading, perhaps giving the impression that something is covered by the License when in fact it is not?
* Is source code included in the distribution?
* Is a written offer for source code included with a distribution of just binaries?
* Is the available source code complete, or is it designed for linking in other non-free modules?

If there seems to be a real violation, the next thing you need to do is record the details carefully:

* the precise name of the product
* the name of the person or organization distributing it
* email addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers for how to contact the distributor(s)
* the exact name of the package whose license is violated
* how the license was violated:
o Is the copyright notice of the copyright holder included?
o Is the source code completely missing?
o Does the written offer for source, if given, only give a website and/or FTP site where to download the source?
o Is there a copy of the license included in the distribution?
o Is some of the source available, but not all? If so, what parts are missing?

The more of these details that you have, the easier it is for the copyright holder to pursue the matter.

Once you have collected the details, you should send a precise report to the copyright holder of the packages that are being misused. The copyright holder is the one who is legally authorized to take action to enforce the license.

If the copyright holder is the Free Software Foundation, please send the report to <[email protected]>. It's important that we be able to write back to you to get more information about the violation or product. So, if you use an anonymous remailer, please provide a return path of some sort. If you'd like to encrypt your correspondence, just send a brief mail saying so, and we'll make appropriate arrangements.

Note that the GPL, and other copyleft licenses, are copyright licenses. This means that only the copyright holders are empowered to act against violations. The FSF acts on all GPL violations reported on FSF copyrighted code, and we offer assistance to any other copyright holder who wishes to do the same.

But, we cannot act on our own if we do not hold copyright. Thus, be sure to find out who the copyright holders of the software are before reporting a violation.
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:52   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #79

If anyone has a .amxx available, feel free to send it to me. I will begin a decompile immediately and publicly release every bit of code I get as I decompile the plugin.
hoboman
Old 02-16-2008 , 15:01   Re: mysticdeath.com zombie infection plugin
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
This time it's another violation of the GPL. Well, can't really say this is the first time it's happened but interesting nonetheless.
so how did this get resolved last time?
so far everyone is just complaining about it and I don't think anything is gonna get done...i guess the only sensible solution is for someone with the leet decompiling skills to remove the things from the binary that crash the server

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
If anyone has a .amxx available, feel free to send it to me. I will begin a decompile immediately and publicly release every bit of code I get as I decompile the plugin.
you should try and find a copy of the latest version ( 3.0 ), the one in the first post is version 2.7