12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2007 , 15:50   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isobold View Post
Plugin is loaded and displayed as running, but when restarting the server, I find the following in the log:

The server menu does not work, even so the "say /server" command is listed by amx_help.

Any idea anyone?
and above this message, are there messages saying "loaded server Server #1" and "loaded server Plugintest #2"?
if not i'd say the serverlist.ini is not loaded at all.

the plugin as it is now checks the existance of the serverlist.ini file and logs an error if it is not found. if there would have been such an error message you probably would not have asked but just have tried to find why the file is not found.
but the plugin does NOT explicitly check if it can read the file. if read access is not granted the plugin would just read nothing from it and never show any error message directly related to the problem (only that there are not enough servers). this is why i believe we got a read problem here.
i'd suggest to check read permissions to that file - what you can read from your ftp account is not neccessarily readable by the account the gameserver uses. if you got ssh access log in with the account that is running the game server and try to read the file from out of the console (use nano, vi or just "cat" it) and see if you can see the file contents.
if it's a rented game server without shell access you can try to set full permissions on this file, just to check. either you use an ftp client providing some permission change dialog or you use a client that allows you to execute ftp commands - then change into the config folder and type "chmod 666 serverlist.ini". this is giving full read and write permissions to the file to all users - more than needed but remember it's just for testing.

the contents itself are looking good to me, as long as you use the current version 0.9.1 you should be fine with this file.
Old 01-14-2007, 19:19
Isobold
This message has been deleted by Isobold. Reason: double post
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2007 , 19:21   Re: Server redirection

@cyds.dAvE: Your problem is, that u did not read the doku on the first page.

You need to recompile the plugin, with the max server define set to 6 ...

@XoR: thanks for your help. I have ssh access to my server, so I verified the read permissions. As I created the file with the same user I also used to start the server, all rights are set fine.

Quote:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 gameserver gameserver 181 2007-01-14 16:02 serverlist.ini
I find no other messages from serverredirect but the one I posted. The most strange thing is, that a friend of mine got it to work some days ago, but all servers where greyed out in the menu. That's why I redownloaded all files again yesterday and recompiled it.

Just to verify what happens I even moved the serverlist.ini away and got the error: file not found as you mentioned.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by Isobold; 01-14-2007 at 19:34.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2007 , 14:39   Re: Server redirection

oh dear, how blind i was.

you wrote server= in your serverlist.ini but correct would be address=.

RTFM! HAHA!
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2007 , 12:27   Re: Server redirection

Ouch, crap, I fucked up my config while trying to solve another problem. Your so damn right. But when you look at your code for hours, you do not see such things anymore ...

Thanks for helping man and some karma for you of course ...
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2007 , 15:09   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isobold View Post
But when you look at your code for hours, you do not see such things anymore ...
i know your pain
Old 01-17-2007 , 16:32   Re: Server redirection

pls to hard for me need help

i have 2 servers (first is 24/7 full , second is newer and i want to redirect all players when the first server is full ) i try but i do someting wrong need help . my plugin work (i have commands in amx_help .../server /follow etc)

but i dont know what is wrong pls help me
Tiny
Old 01-19-2007 , 15:53   Re: Server redirection

Post your file where u've specified the cvars (it might be the amxx.cfg or the server.cfg)
BANNED
Old 01-19-2007 , 16:29   Re: Server redirection

Ok here I come back to this plugin, I see there are some improvements so I decided to try it again since it did not auto redirect anyone, only manual.

Now, with this new version, the same happens (or not), I have two x 24+2 servers, manual redirect woks, auto does not.
I tried with and without adminslots.amxx, the same happens. Like I do not have this plugin at all.
I get server full (26/24) or I get in with slot flag (24/24 or 25/24) but with ordinary user flag if 25/24 od 26/24 I get "You have no reserver slot" or "Server Full" but it should redirect me to nex server in my list.

amxx 1.76c, metamod 1.19, CS 1.6, linux.

serverlist.ini:
Code:
[KGB Public]
address=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port=27015

[Insomnia Test]
address=xxx.xx.xxx.xx
port=27020
cvars:
Code:
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 2
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_announce 60 
redirect_announce_mode 2
redirect_show 1 
redirect_adminslots 1
redirect_maxadmins 2 
redirect_retry 1
everything is identical on both servers

help?
Tiny
Old 01-19-2007 , 17:07   Re: Server redirection

Try to change in your amx.cfg the following line to 1: amx_reservation 0
and for the redirection define redirect_maxadmins 0.

Last edited by Tiny; 01-19-2007 at 17:19.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-19-2007 , 17:16   Re: Server redirection

The redirect plugin has his own reservation, so do not enable the reservation plugin that comes with amxmodx. Therefore amx_reservation is useless.
The Serverlist.ini is a tad short imo
Code:
[Lappenbude CS 1.6 CSDM]
address=85.25.134.97
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
nodisplay=0
adminslots=1
Only one server of 4, but you see that you must have some more cvars in it so that every server knows what settings are for the other servers.
Add them for all your servers and it should run.

Closed Thread