Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Death Beam

Post New Thread Reply   

scso1502
Old 02-06-2010 , 16:04   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #91

If as a client you don't want to see deathbeams during the game, simply open your client's console using the ~ key and type "deathbeam". Then close console with the esc key and you should now have a HUD menu showing. Select "Disable" and they will be turned off.

If you are hosting a server and need to remove the mod from your server entirely, simply delete or move the deatbeams.smx file from the cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder to the cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled folder and restart your server.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net
Spearmeat
Old 02-08-2010 , 08:23   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
If as a client you don't want to see deathbeams during the game, simply open your client's console using the ~ key and type "deathbeam". Then close console with the esc key and you should now have a HUD menu showing. Select "Disable" and they will be turned off.

If you are hosting a server and need to remove the mod from your server entirely, simply delete or move the deatbeams.smx file from the cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder to the cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled folder and restart your server.
Thanks for the reply. I have done that and none of it worked. That's the reason i've posted here to begin with. I suppose it has something to do with permissions and flags serverside. The menu as I've said just disappears after choosing disable.
scso1502
Old 02-09-2010 , 14:31   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #93

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I run this plugin on one of our servers and when you choose an option from the deathbeam menu, the menu disappears for me too. However, after it disappears, the option I choose works fine.

There is only one cvar that may impact this and that's this one:

death_beam_default_setting 1 // Players default settings when they join [1 = on, 0 = off]

This creates a settings file on the server and stores the deathbeam settings for players in that file so they are always the same when the person rejoins. Perhaps if that its set to 0 it will not allow you to change the setting at all. If that's the case, the menu shouldn't even show up in my opinion. Maybe this is a bug.

If you would be so kind as to reply with the IP of the server you use it on, I'll test it to see If I can disable them there. Or you can try it on ours:

IP: 8.17.250.152:27015

If you can disable them on ours, then it is likely a server setting on the server you play on. If you can't, it's a client issue on your end.

Regards...

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 02-09-2010 at 14:34.
CS:S*
BANNED
Old 02-10-2010 , 00:09   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #94

IMPORTANT

This plugin Hangs the players on map change so they have to reconnect to join the server,i'm using it with SM 1.3 ... there is no problem with 1.2.4 but it took me one week banging my head to foind out what is causing this ... I deleted the plugin first to see if the plugin is doing it but actually is the death_beam.games.txt in the gamedata folder ,if I leave it there it hangs
the players on map change all the time

Please the creator to check this plugin because it doesn't work with sm 1.3
scso1502
Old 02-10-2010 , 04:32   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #95

What O/S are you running your server under? Linux or Windows? What version of Metamod? Have you tried 1.8.0?

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net
CS:S*
BANNED
Old 02-10-2010 , 06:27   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #96

that was 1.8 mm ,sm 1.3 linux
scso1502
Old 02-10-2010 , 09:32   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #97

I've attached my death_beam.games.txt file from my server. I'm using MM 1.8 and SM 1.3.0 and have no problems running this plugin on my Windows 2008 server box. Perhaps your file is corrupt?
Attached Files
File Type: txt death_beam.games.txt (207 Bytes, 179 views)

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net
Matysh
BANNED
Old 02-19-2010 , 02:48   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Army View Post
  • Install the death_beam.games.txt in your gamedata folder
cstrike, for example?
scso1502
Old 02-19-2010 , 10:53   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Install the death_beam.games.txt in your gamedata folder
The Counterstrike:Source folder he is referring to is the gamedata folder for SourceMod. It is located on the game server in: /cstrike/addons/sourcemod/gamedata. I hope this answers your question.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 02-19-2010 at 10:55.
dagg929
Old 07-22-2010 , 00:18   Re: Death Beam
Reply With Quote #100

This still work?