Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] mp_gamemode not in sv_gametypes

Post New Thread Reply   

Mystik Spiral
Old 04-18-2023 , 16:39   [L4D2] mp_gamemode not in sv_gametypes
Reply With Quote #1

My server is configured with sv_gametypes "coop,realism,nightmaredifficulty", but sometimes I see versus or mutation matches on my server, with all eight players joining at the same time. I suspect the versus lobby leader set mm_dedicated_force_servers to my server's IPORT then started the game from lobby.

Should mm_dedicated_force_servers override sv_gametypes?

If so, what would be the best way to reject connections for gamemodes not in sv_gametypes? I see this happen all the time for regular match-making (not using mm_dedicated_force_servers)... my server wakes up from hibernation, indicates mp_gamemode does not match sv_gametypes, and goes back to hibernation (and presumably that lobby continues searching for a server that matches). If possible, when someone uses mm_dedicated_force_servers, I would like to allow that lobby to continue searching for a server match instead of just killing it when it reaches my server.
Mystik Spiral
Old 04-21-2023 , 09:24   Re: [L4D2] mp_gamemode not in sv_gametypes
Reply With Quote #2

I confirmed this issue and can reproduce it. As long as mm_dedicated_force_servers is set, I can connect to my server with any game mode... it will override sv_gametypes.

I was thinking about creating a simple plugin that checks mp_gamemode when OnPluginStart fires. If mp_gamemode is not in sv_gametypes, then kick all players (with a message that the game mode is not supported on this server), then set mp_gamemode to something in sv_gametypes.

Does anyone have a better idea?
Mystik Spiral
Old 04-23-2023 , 19:05   Re: [L4D2] mp_gamemode not in sv_gametypes
Reply With Quote #3

I created a small plugin to handle this. I will run it for a while on my server and if no problems, I will post it. The plugin just rejects client connections when mp_gamemode is not in the sv_gametypes list.
Mystik Spiral
Old 04-25-2023 , 21:25   Re: [L4D2] mp_gamemode not in sv_gametypes
Reply With Quote #4

Plugin link
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=342570