Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!

Post New Thread Reply   

Naydef
Old 02-24-2016 , 06:57   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #21

Good news. I managed to fix the above error "ERROR: Cannot determine the location of the VS Common Tools folder."(here the link) And I successfully compiled the extension with the above command. But now the binary is with extension ".exe". Is it the right binary? I need to rename it to ".ext.dll"? Also the binary is in a folder named
HTML Code:
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\testproject\obj-windows-AMD64\.ambuild2
Maybe the binary file is 64-bit . How to force the compiler to create 32-bit binary file?

Edit: Actually this is not my own test file. If I try to execute it, it shows "msvc CC". Is this a test file? How to compile the real project?

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 02-24-2016 at 07:01.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-24-2016 , 07:06   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #22

.ambuild2 is AMB2's internal files, the extension build won't be in there.
Old 02-24-2016 , 07:11   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #23

Did you run "ambuild" after running "configure.py"?
Naydef
Old 02-24-2016 , 07:20   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Did you run "ambuild" after running "configure.py"?
No, I will try

Edit: This happens:
HTML Code:
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\testproject>python configure.py --sdks tf2
Warning: build is being configured in the source tree.
Re-using build folder: obj-windows-AMD64
Checking CC compiler (vendor test msvc)... ['cl', 'test.c', '-o', 'test.exe', '-
nologo', '-showIncludes']
found msvc version 1800
Checking CXX compiler (vendor test msvc)... ['cl', 'test.cpp', '-o', 'testp.exe'
, '-nologo', '-showIncludes']
found msvc version 1800

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\testproject>ambuild
Error: folder was not configured for AMBuild.

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\testproject>cd
I will try with the official sample test project
Edit 2: I will redownload the whole sourcemod repo
Edit 3: The same text appears, even with redownloaded repo of the Sourcemod
HTML Code:
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public>cd sample_ext

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext>python configure.py --sdks tf2
Warning: build is being configured in the source tree.
Creating "obj-windows-AMD64" as a build folder.
Checking CC compiler (vendor test msvc)... ['cl', 'test.c', '-o', 'test.exe', '-
nologo', '-showIncludes']
found msvc version 1800
Checking CXX compiler (vendor test msvc)... ['cl', 'test.cpp', '-o', 'testp.exe'
, '-nologo', '-showIncludes']
found msvc version 1800

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext>ambuild
Error: folder was not configured for AMBuild.

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext>
Edit 4: Is it required to open configure.py and modify the path variables inside?

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 02-24-2016 at 07:30.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2016 , 08:27   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #25

No, you need to run the command "ambuild" inside the folder containing the ".ambuild2" folder, in your case, the folder named "obj-windows-AMD64", basically AMBuild is setup to designate a build folder as followed:
A) Use current folder that "configure.py" is being executed in as long as it's not the source folder(folder containing the AMBuildScript file).
OR(If configure.py is executed in source folder):
B) Use the default build folder and notify user what it is.

Example:
Say I have made personal modifications to SourceMod that will only be deployed on servers I own.
Say I have said source copy of SM in the following path: <path to Documents>/sourcemod.
Say I want to build SM in a folder called "build", I run the following commands:
A)
Code:
mkdir build && cd build
B)
Code:
python ../configure.py --enable-optimize
Note above I don't specify any specific SDKs I want to build, by default, it uses ALL of then, it won't error out as I setup my env variables for all SDKs SM can be built against(all of the hl2sdks + MMSource 1.10 source + mysql 5.0 source are in D:\SMDev)
Now I'm ready to build, I then run "ambuild" inside the folder called "build".

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-24-2016 at 08:33.
Naydef
Old 02-24-2016 , 08:52   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #26

Ok, so to explain in simple language:
1. First I create a folder named "build" with command "mkdir build", which is located at "C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext".
2. Then, I enter in this folder with command "cd build"
3. After that, I enter the command "python C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext\configure.py --enable-optimize"
4. The final step is to enter "ambuild"
5. Is this all?

Did I understand correctly?

I've done this procedures, but now again another error(s):
HTML Code:
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext\build>ambuild
[create] mkdir -p sample.ext.2.tf2
[create] mkdir -p package
[create] mkdir -p package\addons
[create] mkdir -p package\addons\sourcemod
[create] mkdir -p package\addons\sourcemod\extensions
Spawned taskmaster (pid: 7860)
Spawned worker (pid: 6540)
Spawned worker (pid: 6956)
[6540] cl /MT /W3 /Ox /Zo /Oy- /Zi /FS /EHsc /GR- /TP /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /D_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0
 /DNDEBUG /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /DSE_EPISODEONE=1 /DSE_CSGO=20 /DSE_BLOODYGOODTIME=
4 /DSE_EYE=5 /DSE_CONTAGION=14 /DSE_ORANGEBOX=3 /DSE_INSURGENCY=19 /DSE_DARKMESS
IAH=2 /DSE_BLADE=18 /DSE_BMS=10 /DSE_LEFT4DEAD=12 /DSE_DODS=8 /DSE_HL2DM=7 /DSE_
LEFT4DEAD2=15 /DSE_SDK2013=9 /DSE_CSS=6 /DSE_TF2=11 /DSE_ALIENSWARM=16 /DSE_NUCL
EARDAWN=13 /DSE_DOTA=21 /DSE_PORTAL2=17 /DSOURCE_ENGINE=11 /DCOMPILER_MSVC /DCOM
PILER_MSVC32 /I ..\..\.. /I ..\.. /I ..\..\sdk /I ..\..\.. /I ..\..\..\extension
s /I ..\..\..\..\sourcepawn\include /I ..\..\..\amtl\amtl /I ..\..\..\amtl /I ..
\..\..\..\..\metamod-source-master\core /I ..\..\..\..\..\metamod-source-master\
core\sourcehook /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2
\public\engine /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\mathlib /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2
sdk-tf2\public\vstdlib /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\tier0 /I ..\..\..\..\
..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\tier1 /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\game\server /I ..
\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\toolframework /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\game\s
hared /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\common /showIncludes /nologo /c C:\libs\sourc
emod-master\public\sample_ext\extension.cpp /Foextension.obj
extension.cpp
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\IShareSys.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
 include file: 'sp_vm_types.h': No such file or directory

[6956] cl /MT /W3 /Ox /Zo /Oy- /Zi /FS /EHsc /GR- /TP /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /D_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0
 /DNDEBUG /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /DSE_EPISODEONE=1 /DSE_CSGO=20 /DSE_BLOODYGOODTIME=
4 /DSE_EYE=5 /DSE_CONTAGION=14 /DSE_ORANGEBOX=3 /DSE_INSURGENCY=19 /DSE_DARKMESS
IAH=2 /DSE_BLADE=18 /DSE_BMS=10 /DSE_LEFT4DEAD=12 /DSE_DODS=8 /DSE_HL2DM=7 /DSE_
LEFT4DEAD2=15 /DSE_SDK2013=9 /DSE_CSS=6 /DSE_TF2=11 /DSE_ALIENSWARM=16 /DSE_NUCL
EARDAWN=13 /DSE_DOTA=21 /DSE_PORTAL2=17 /DSOURCE_ENGINE=11 /DCOMPILER_MSVC /DCOM
PILER_MSVC32 /I ..\..\.. /I ..\.. /I ..\..\sdk /I ..\..\.. /I ..\..\..\extension
s /I ..\..\..\..\sourcepawn\include /I ..\..\..\amtl\amtl /I ..\..\..\amtl /I ..
\..\..\..\..\metamod-source-master\core /I ..\..\..\..\..\metamod-source-master\
core\sourcehook /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2
\public\engine /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\mathlib /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2
sdk-tf2\public\vstdlib /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\tier0 /I ..\..\..\..\
..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\tier1 /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\game\server /I ..
\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\public\toolframework /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\game\s
hared /I ..\..\..\..\..\hl2sdk-tf2\common /showIncludes /nologo /c C:\libs\sourc
emod-master\public\smsdk_ext.cpp /FoC_libs_sourcemod_master_public_smsdk_ext.obj

smsdk_ext.cpp
C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\IShareSys.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
 include file: 'sp_vm_types.h': No such file or directory

Build failed.

C:\libs\sourcemod-master\public\sample_ext\build>

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 02-24-2016 at 08:59.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2016 , 09:22   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #27

You probably forgot to add "--recursive" to the git clone command(like I do a lot...)
If so, run the following in the sourcemod folder:
Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update
Then run "ambuild" again.
If all goes right, it should compile.

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-24-2016 at 09:22.
Naydef
Old 02-24-2016 , 09:41   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #28

Git? Is it possible without git? I have to do again all procedures. Anyway, I will install git and try again

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 02-24-2016 at 09:42.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-24-2016 , 10:00   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #29

Yes, you can download each submodule and insert it into the right place in the SourceMod tree - but why bother with that when git will manage it for you.
Old 02-24-2016 , 10:07   Re: Can someone explain me HOW to COMPILE extension under Windows, please!
Reply With Quote #30

This mean merging sourcepawn-master and sourcemod-master. I will use git the next time I create an extension. But now I just want to compile the sample
Edit: Anyway, downloaded git program and done all procedures suggested by WildCard65, but I suppose I need to set the environment variables path again. I will now try again

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 02-24-2016 at 10:14.