Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Whack-A-Pubby

Post New Thread Reply   

pRED*
Old 12-29-2007 , 23:13   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #21

Ok guys, let's not start a flame war over this.

Neo_Bahamut_19: Since SourceMod already has an inbuilt admin system, most plugin authors will not be keen to individually code in importing of admins from mani.

However you could post a request (in the requests forum) for a solution to this.

Possible methods could be reading of the Mani admin file and using this to assign admin privileges within SourceMod, or a plain file converter that outputs a SourceMod admins.cfg/admins_simple.txt
Duo
Old 12-29-2007 , 23:23   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #22

Multiple admin plugins only lead to complications. Mani is a closed source and not extendable by anyone except mani. Sourcemod is open and is made specifically for plugins. Furthermore there isnt anything in mani that sourcemod isn't capable of doing. You tell me which is better. This isn't a hurrr who spends more time at their computer pissing match you fuckwits. Not my decision but sourcemod should not be required to stay in step with mani and import his admin files.

On another note, do you guys manually test these before approving? I am pretty sure my source is good and satisfys all the requirements. I would really like to stop having to paying attention to this thread now.

Last edited by Duo; 12-29-2007 at 23:33.
Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 12-31-2007 , 02:04   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #23

is there a way to get it to not run from start up but only start upon you choosing it in the menu?

btw, I have moved fully to sourcemod right now (execept for the map voting function which I am as of right now having lots of issues with even getting it to switch to the map that is voted on... so for now, that stays to mani...)
Old 01-01-2008 , 00:42   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut_19 View Post
is there a way to get it to not run from start up but only start upon you choosing it in the menu?
In your server.cfg set whackapubby_enabled to 0 and then use sm_cvar to set it to 1 when ever you want to give it a spin.
Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 01-01-2008 , 01:46   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #25

What about incorperating it into the admin menu and setting it up so it is default off in the script itself? ;)
Old 01-03-2008 , 21:30   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut_19 View Post
What about incorperating it into the admin menu and setting it up so it is default off in the script itself? ;)
If I have some time I will look into setting it up some stuff in the admin menu this weekend. However I am going to leave it on by default.
Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 01-03-2008 , 23:31   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #27

ok, nevermind then, the point is that when my server restarts I don't want it to have friendly fire on automatically (because this is pretty much what it is)
Old 04-06-2008 , 21:40   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #28

nice plugin...

i has an issue though. i hope you dont think i being ass(i probably just don't understand). can you add ADMFLAG_SLAY or something into the code....instead of the "blanket admin" approval...i am decent enu with coding that if i had that i could change it for personal use....i think that is easy, but what do i know.

that would be a nice upgrade. otherwise great plugin..i just dont want every admin in the server=103 admins able to ff is all.
danmon
Old 11-24-2010 , 15:36   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
] whackapubby_enabled
Unknown command: whackapubby_enabled
this cvar doesnt work but the others do
liquidsystem1
Old 01-21-2013 , 15:56   Re: Whack-A-Pubby
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmon View Post
this cvar doesnt work but the others do
You have to use sm_cvar whackapubby_enabled.