Raised This Month: $56 Target: $400
 14% 

Polymorph: Mod Manager


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 11-15-2019 , 01:07   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
I suggest you to add in the preconfig branch, after executing the preconfig, add the function server_exec(), so the .cfg is executed immediatly. I been experiencing some side-effects on my Zombie Mod X plugin because of that (I getting an old value of the cvar mp_teamlist in plugin_precache()).
I remember server_exec() sometimes crashing servers but I can't remember if it was just a bad server installation or just some strange anomaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
It would be better to keep everything in the polymorph folder, so please change the location of poly_preconfig.cfg. Also, do not plus one to g_iNextMod to follow the same index of .cfg mods (e.g. 0_deathrun.ini, 1_zombie)
It was originally just a very quick solution. If I were to implement it as a normal feature, I'd probably put it into the mod's config file (whether it be a path to a file to execute or just cvars to execute like the normal cvar setup).
__________________
fysiks is offline
rtxa
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Argentina
Old 11-15-2019 , 17:38   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I remember server_exec() sometimes crashing servers but I can't remember if it was just a bad server installation or just some strange anomaly.
Pretty sure a bad server installation, or maybe a bad engineered plugin, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It was originally just a very quick solution. If I were to implement it as a normal feature, I'd probably put it into the mod's config file (whether it be a path to a file to execute or just cvars to execute like the normal cvar setup).
Mod's config file? Well, It's just a matter of preference in this case.
rtxa is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 11-16-2019 , 00:47   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Pretty sure a bad server installation, or maybe a bad engineered plugin, who knows?
Not related to the plugin at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Mod's config file? Well, It's just a matter of preference in this case.
It's not just a matter of preference because there is no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up with the configuration file number. So, if I were to either leave it as it is or make the changes you suggested, there would still be a bug (fixed by incorporating it into the mod's config file; that's where the configuration is supposed to go anyways).
__________________
fysiks is offline
rtxa
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Argentina
Old 11-19-2019 , 14:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1004

Well, you didn't mention that. Why there would be no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up? Every mod can have a preconfig file, right?
rtxa is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 11-19-2019 , 22:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Well, you didn't mention that. Why there would be no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up? Every mod can have a preconfig file, right?
Because the integer used in the name of the normal mod config files aren't the actual index number. So, if you have the following files:
  • 1_Hello.ini
  • 3_World.ini

then they would have indices of 0 and 1 (meaning that your preconfig file, as it exists now, would have to be 0 and 1, not 1 and 3). A practical example being if someone decided to disable one of the mods, they could easily change the name of the file without having to change the name of all the other mods' config files (e.g. I removed mod 2).
__________________
fysiks is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode