Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Insurgency Plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

jumling
Old 11-25-2014 , 04:34   Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #1

Hey Chaps,

Searching the database, only 1 plugin has been made for Insurgency (2014).
However, I know some others work. I have SM working on our server. All seems fine, except the "Burn player option" (bummer, this is fun )

I'm just wondering what criteria do I need to look for to better my chances of finding other plugins that work with Insurgency?

Not sure what I'm looking for at the moment. 'vote knives only' / custom votes. For a start I guess.

Ta Mucho.
sim242
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2014 , 05:28   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #2

Your first option is to search for plugins that are listed as 'ANY' because generally they've been coded without game dependent functions meaning they might work on Insurgency.
Send a message via Skype™ to sim242
jballou
Old 11-29-2014 , 06:11   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #3

I've put together and worked on a bunch for Insurgency. All in my Github at https://github.com/jaredballou/insurgency-sourcemod
I have done:
-Rework of Brutus' logger to include class/team changes, updated weapons, more events.
-Bot names replaced with more appropriate Middle Eastern names
-A compass that pops up a simple "N" or "SW" as a Hud hint by command for players to know where they're going
-A navigation mesh parser that loads all named zones (I'm working with some people on the Insurgency forums to update the navmeshes and navplaces.db for all the maps)
-Support for Simple Chat Parser, includes translation file
-SCP addon that prepends grid location and place name (if navmesh has them) before team chat messages
-Plugin that removes fog entirely
-Plugin that removes all restricted areas entirely
They're all pretty straightforward, I'll probably add a few to the plugins forum once I've got them polished up a bit more, but I'd be happy to have you check it out and get me some feedback.

Last edited by jballou; 12-12-2014 at 02:42.
sil_El_mot
Old 01-16-2015 , 16:58   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #4

Hello jballou and many thanks for the work.
how can i activate that there is no fog , for example, or that the compass pops up?
jballou
Old 01-25-2015 , 19:36   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #5

http://jballou.com/insurgency
Main page. I am working on documenting the plugins now, but for now sm_nofog_enable and sm_compass_enable are the cvars. To use compass, players need to bind "check_compass", I am adding a timed display and a chat trigger as well.
Sillyme
Old 02-07-2015 , 14:07   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballou View Post
http://jballou.com/insurgency
Main page. I am working on documenting the plugins now, but for now sm_nofog_enable and sm_compass_enable are the cvars. To use compass, players need to bind "check_compass", I am adding a timed display and a chat trigger as well.

Hello Jballou.

Firstly I would like to thank you for uploading you stuff here. I've been trying to search for a decent plugins for past 2-3 days with no luck. Fortunately I saw you post here! I'm new to the game but I just bought a server and decided to start teaching myself how to setup a server. I managed to install MM & SM to my server and now I'm looking to tweak it. Could you explain to a newcomer like myself the steps after one has downloaded your plugins package? For example; "after one has dl the plugins, you need to add your server details to following path c/xxx". A tutorial if you may.

I hope I'm not asking too much from you. I'm genuinely interested in learning.
Br, Sillyme
alencore
Old 02-25-2015 , 01:33   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #7

Does INS supports metamod-source on a listenserver coz I can't make it to load?
the vdf is there and has the correct line but still nothing.

Last edited by alencore; 02-25-2015 at 01:53.
InsurgencyANZ
Old 04-19-2015 , 05:31   Re: Insurgency Plugins
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyme View Post
Could you explain to a newcomer like myself the steps after one has downloaded your plugins package? For example; "after one has dl the plugins, you need to add your server details to following path c/xxx". A tutorial if you may.
Hey Sillyme, did you get what you wanted? Because I have started to follow in the steps of JBallou and cataloging everything at http://tools.insurgencyanz.com but I was thinking of creating some tutorials for setting up servers and other features as well...

If you haven't had someone send you a tutorial or anything, please describe, in detail, what you want and I will see what I can do.
Send a message via Skype™ to InsurgencyANZ