Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!

Post New Thread Reply   

ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-25-2012 , 03:22   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #41

I know this is old, but is there anyway to run this if vbulletin and sourcebans are on different IPs?
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-27-2012 , 20:10   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #42

Could someone possibly edit this script to include reading the databases from 2 different servers? Willing to pay. Or inform me where I could get this done please. Happy to share the results with others.
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 21:26   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #43

I glanced at the script and I'm not entirely sure if it assumes both vB and SB data to be in one database. If it doesn't, the attachment will probably work. Let me know if it doesn't. Don't forget to edit the ip of your remote database server.
Attached Files
File Type: txt vbtosourcebans_remote_sb.php.txt (15.1 KB, 145 views)
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-27-2012 , 22:02   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #44

Hi 8088,

Thanks for taking a look. However your script still only tries to connect to 1 IP whereas my Sourcebans and vbulletin are on 2 different IPs.
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 22:50   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #45

Have you tried it? Since the script is executed as a vB cronjob, I assumed that the connection to the vB database has already been established (the $vbulletin->db object).
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-28-2012 , 01:05   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #46

Weird, this is the error I am getting. However I am using the exact same details with another program and that works fine.

Quote:
Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '****' (4) in [path]/includes/cron/vbtosourcebans_remote_sb.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/cron/vbtosourcebans_remote_sb.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_set_charset() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/cron/vbtosourcebans_remote_sb.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/cron/vbtosourcebans_remote_sb.php on line 174
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2012 , 11:46   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #47

Try mysql_connect() instead of mysql_pconnect(). Maybe your server doesn't accept persistent connections. Also make sure your user has privileges from its current ip/host.

Last edited by 8088; 04-28-2012 at 18:25. Reason: posting from a phone gone bad
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-30-2012 , 00:42   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #48

Your way did work, just not with my current host. Does anyone know any other way this will work? They apparently do not allow you to connect to any sql apart from localhost. And sourcebans won't work as they wont open the ports or allow it to run either. Would go with someone else but have paid for 1 year. How extrememly annoying. Wonder if there is a way for my VPS to connect to the sql server where vbulletin is run and kinda do the opposite of the script.

Last edited by ozgaming; 04-30-2012 at 00:42.
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 13:45   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #49

Most of what the script does should be runnable from any location with minor adjustments. The only real problem is sending the PMs to notify affected users/players, as it requires some vB code. Because of that, it is required to be executed as a vB cronjob. To be able to not run it as a vB cronjob, you'd have to have a lot of code changes (and have the privilege to remotely connect to your vB database to start with).
Old 07-30-2012 , 23:05   Re: Vbulletin 4.X Integration with Sourcebans! FINALLY HERE!
Reply With Quote #50

does this still work on Sourcebans 1.4.9??