Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:39   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post

This is why I wish I lived in a world where:
1) valve released updates at a reasonable time in the day so that people are awake to fix their servers and plugins. (this is under the assumption that most servers and programers are in the US and western Europe)
2) valve gave us a heads up so we can schedule time in advanced for the update. Something like next X day we will release an update at X time so be ready and here is what will be changed.
1. So a reasonable time of day is YOUR daytime. Time differences exist across the planet. Your daytime is always someone's night.

2. It still wouldn't make any difference as we already know or have established/assumed that they don't take sourcemod into consideration. And why should they?

However I can relate to your frustrations

ADK
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:48   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
1. So a reasonable time of day is YOUR daytime. Time differences exist across the planet. Your daytime is always someone's night.

2. It still wouldn't make any difference as we already know or have established/assumed that they don't take sourcemod into consideration. And why should they?

However I can relate to your frustrations

1. He did state 'this is under assumption. . . . ' which I think is probably a reasonable assumption that many people probably have. And it was a little weird that valve released the update as late as they did on a week day.

2. And I can see where he is coming from with Valve saying things sooner about what they are releasing, since the TF2 community does have a lot of input into TF2. But it seems as though they are trying to implement things themselves to get rid of certain plugins. Which is great to see that they are trying to do more to help those who run servers. Now if only other developers like EA/DICE could hop on that bandwagon and do the same thing.

Running servers are very frustrating and while certain things would be nice, after a while you just realize that it'll never happen. So we just have to be thankful for what we have.
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:50   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
1. He did state 'this is under assumption. . . . ' which I think is probably a reasonable assumption that many people probably have. And it was a little weird that valve released the update as late as they did on a week day.

2. And I can see where he is coming from with Valve saying things sooner about what they are releasing, since the TF2 community does have a lot of input into TF2. But it seems as though they are trying to implement things themselves to get rid of certain plugins. Which is great to see that they are trying to do more to help those who run servers. Now if only other developers like EA/DICE could hop on that bandwagon and do the same thing.

Running servers are very frustrating and while certain things would be nice, after a while you just realize that it'll never happen. So we just have to be thankful for what we have.
LOL you sir are a twit, NEVER wish ANYONE else to be like steam/valve. Its a sin

http://www.fgcgaming.com
Send a message via MSN to L33t_Of_Lag
BIGFAT
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:54   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

[OffTopic] DosAttackFixer and Player Limit Remover down too -.-', Anyone an idee too fix it ?
Wolfman
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:56   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

ok MMS 1.9.0 snapshot working and snapshot of 1.4.0 3250 is working on my server now.
3PG|KevLaR
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-15-2011 , 02:57   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

It seems like valve coded in some voting systems that resemble SM votes to kick, ban, extend maps etc. I often think when they duplicate systems that are already being done here on alliedmods it's more of a compliment to the original coders here than anything else. Valve isnt trying to break it by releasing updates, they just release what they can but this hatless update is one of the best one's Ive seen in months tbh.

You people need to say what server type (win/lin) your using .. sheesh!
*claps with one hand!

Last edited by 3PG|KevLaR; 04-15-2011 at 02:59.
ADK
Old 04-15-2011 , 03:00   Re: Todays TF2 update = MM:S / SM broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t_Of_Lag View Post
LOL you sir are a twit, NEVER wish ANYONE else to be like steam/valve. Its a sin

LOL well at least they are trying, and updating the games! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFAT View Post
[OffTopic] DosAttackFixer and Player Limit Remover down too -.-', Anyone an idee too fix it ?

On Windows DAF works fine.

plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0: "DoS Attack Fixer, www.sourceop.com"
1: "Metamod:Source 1.9.0-dev"
---------------------
Punkk

Wolfman
Specifies the axis, or write the exact name of the archive
Wolfman