Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)

Post New Thread Reply   

minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-07-2012 , 11:45   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I'm not dropping support for Steam Identity Service, but I've uploaded 1.4 in hopes that it helps you. My guess is steam_auth_id would work. However, I can't really say I know much about SQL queries, and it looks like a table instead of a field.

This should work with a simple query addition, if this is all you're after. Good luck!
I can't see any connection to the xf_user_external_auth table, which is the table that stores the FriendIDs of the users.
I was going to modify it so it'd get the 64-bit int SteamID and then convert it back to the 'normal' SteamID, possibly with the help of this extension, and then do the job that was being done with your plugin.
Making sure that the xf_user_external_auth "provider" column is "steam" and then getting the "provider_key" (FriendID) data and converting it to SteamID; with, of course, the checking of existence in groups.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-07-2012 , 14:20   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1 View Post
I can't see any connection to the xf_user_external_auth table, which is the table that stores the FriendIDs of the users.
I was going to modify it so it'd get the 64-bit int SteamID and then convert it back to the 'normal' SteamID, possibly with the help of this extension, and then do the job that was being done with your plugin.
Making sure that the xf_user_external_auth "provider" column is "steam" and then getting the "provider_key" (FriendID) data and converting it to SteamID; with, of course, the checking of existence in groups.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=135
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=307

Should help with avoiding that extension

EDIT:
<psychonic> KyleS: a slightly more elegant to pull a steamid string from a 64-bit steam id in mysql would be: SELECT CONCAT('STEAM_0:', provider_key & 1, ':', (provider_key & 0xFFFFFFFF) >> 1)
<psychonic> rather than what you recently linked
<KyleS> psychonic, I know almost nothing about *SQL but I'll include this in the post
<psychonic> it's more math than sql
<psychonic> you only need that garbage string trick when dealing with a platform that can't handle 64-bit numbers
<KyleS> Ah!
<psychonic> actually, if that provider_id field is a string (i wildly assumed bigint there), would need to wrap it in casts
<psychonic> cast(provider_key as bigint) wherever i had just provider_key

Last edited by KyleS; 03-07-2012 at 14:40.
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-07-2012 , 20:00   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #13

From what I know, Steam Identity Service also uses the xf_user_external_data table after it has verified the Steam ID through the Regex, though I cannot assure that. I only say this because of this:
Quote:
How do I migrate from other Steam Integration Addons?
Uninstalling the previous addon usually leaves Steam as an external authentication source (if you look in xf_user_external_auth after you uninstall your users will still have Steam listed). Then you'll want to also remove the custom field you created for the older add-on as it is no longer used then follow the install process. It will use the existing data stored within the xf_user_external_auth table so once you've completed the migration your users will likely not notice the change.
And also the fact that I have done this migration myself and seen that it does work, so I am guessing that if Steam Identity Service does verify the Steam ID, then it stores it in xf_user_external_auth.
DO NOT take my word for this, however, because not all of my users did complete that migration, so I would just stick to using custom user fields, or maybe do more research on how the addon in xenForo functions.
On Topic:
I will be working on this plugin to use it for the Steam Integration addon, and honestly, the reason I wanted to use the CSteamID extension was because of its simplicity, but I will definitely be working on it, but I can't assure quick results.
P.S.
I love your comments in the plugin, ex:
PHP Code:
/* Who knows what's going to happen. Scary. */ 
Really helpful to the new Sourcemod learners, like myself.
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-08-2012 , 13:32   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #14

Alright, I'm done with it.
Tested it and it works just fine on CSS, but I don't see the reason on why it shouldn't work on any other Source Engine based game.
Features:Alright, now it uses the MySQL query provided by Psychonic (You can refer to it by reading the previous posts).
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (XenForoAdmins.sp - 899 views - 12.8 KB)

Last edited by minimoney1; 03-25-2012 at 22:36. Reason: Update
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 06-23-2012 , 17:44   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #15

Are any of you working on adding management features into the XenForo Admin ACP? I'm wondering because I've begun working on doing so. My hope like KyleS is to ditch SourceBans entirely. If someone is already doing something like that, then perhaps my efforts would be more useful elsewhere.

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 06-23-2012 at 17:56.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-23-2012 , 22:50   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
Are any of you working on adding management features into the XenForo Admin ACP? I'm wondering because I've begun working on doing so. My hope like KyleS is to ditch SourceBans entirely. If someone is already doing something like that, then perhaps my efforts would be more useful elsewhere.
Sounds great! At the moment I'm unaware of anyone doing so, but do share your changes if you get it going
Moulijin
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2012 , 01:53   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #17

I'm testing it for ClashOfTheZombies.com, unfortunately I get an error even though I configured the database.cfg correctly
-COTZIRC- L 06/23/2012 - 238:26: [XenforoAdmins.smx] Database Connection: "Could not find database conf "xenforo"".

*EDIT: Works now
Clash of the Zombies RPG Zombie Riot Server: 64.94.101.234:27015

Last edited by Moulijin; 06-24-2012 at 02:09.
Moulijin
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2012 , 03:16   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #18

I love this plugin!
Clash of the Zombies RPG Zombie Riot Server: 64.94.101.234:27015
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2012 , 08:34   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
We are developing our own stand-along ban system that is based off "SUM". It's basic enough to do what we need it to do and we are doing the rest with XenForo. However, we are also creating a separate panel so my admins can go in and make changes without giving them access to the backend of XenForo. Here are some HTML template screenshots I made.

And this is a mockup of the bans list integrated with XenForo: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/bans.html

Right now we have no plans to release it though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dashboard.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	105496   Click image for larger version

Name:	add-server.png
Views:	259
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	105497   Click image for larger version

Name:	ban-list.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	105498   Click image for larger version

Name:	mute-list.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	105499  

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d

Last edited by daleGEND; 06-24-2012 at 08:36.
SuperNovaLite
Old 06-24-2012 , 15:29   Re: [ANY] XenForo Admins (Threaded)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
We are developing our own stand-along ban system that is based off "SUM". It's basic enough to do what we need it to do and we are doing the rest with XenForo. However, we are also creating a separate panel so my admins can go in and make changes without giving them access to the backend of XenForo. Here are some HTML template screenshots I made.

And this is a mockup of the bans list integrated with XenForo: http://www.bor3dgaming.com/bans.html

Right now we have no plans to release it though.
OMG YES! I love this. Having everything integrated within XenForo. <3