Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Loadingsong (play a song during the connection to server)

Post New Thread Reply   

trixxay
Old 04-01-2005 , 19:30  
Reply With Quote #101

Ok,im totally confused..
1.) i wanna play 1 SONG when you connect,reconnect.
2.) I also want it so u dont have to download it before you play it...

is this how i do it?
Code:
/*
* Play a sound during the connection.
* Random code part taken from plugin
* connectsound by White Panther
* v1.0
*/

#include <amxmodx>
#define Maxsounds 6

// sounds localized in gcf cache (valve/media)
// you can add more song if you want.
new soundlist[Maxsounds][] = {"Half-Life01","Half-Life02","Half-Life04","Half-Life12","Half-Life13","Half-Life17"}

public client_connect(id) {
	new i
	i = random_num(0,Maxsounds-1)
	client_cmd(id,"mp3 play sound/misc/TechnoDance.mp3")
	return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public plugin_init() {
	register_plugin("Loading Sound","1.0","Amxx User")
	return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
???[/code]
Send a message via AIM to trixxay
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2005 , 22:47  
Reply With Quote #102

No matter what, they have to download the song if it's custom.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
robbob4
Old 04-01-2005 , 23:12  
Reply With Quote #103

i suggest you jsut stick with the preloaded versions, thsi si a pain to set it up custom, its killing the purpose if your having them dl something whent hey are suposed to be dling other stuff as well, imo
trixxay
Old 04-02-2005 , 11:51  
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbob4
i suggest you jsut stick with the preloaded versions, thsi si a pain to set it up custom, its killing the purpose if your having them dl something whent hey are suposed to be dling other stuff as well, imo
Ok,but i wanna hear the default Hl sounds..were can i hear them?
robbob4
Old 04-02-2005 , 18:26  
Reply With Quote #105

umm theya re preload, and are in a cahce, if you use the default version of this plugin it will work. To preview them your going to have to open the cache and extract them etc, i think something like this was posted earlier as well.
trixxay
Old 04-02-2005 , 18:58  
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
umm theya re preload, and are in a cahce, if you use the default version of this plugin it will work. To preview them your going to have to open the cache and extract them etc, i think something like this was posted earlier as well.
Nvm, I got my custom sound working.. but I have it on my comp..How do other people get it with out or with downloading?
robbob4
Old 04-03-2005 , 17:06  
Reply With Quote #107

they HAVE to dl it to hear it.

in order for it to be dled either sv_download url way or normal way it has to be precached

DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT SV_DOWNLOADURL look elsewhere, people do not understand it somereason, even though its only the root cstrike folder on yer webserver.
Omen
Old 04-04-2005 , 23:35  
Reply With Quote #108

For the love of god, i beseach you all, How do you get the mp3's to precache through the sv_downloadurl. Yes my download url works perfectly everythin maps/sounds/models everything downloads using it except this plugin. It just WONT prechache through it its driving me crazy, and yes the plugin in works fine. Its great it just wont precache through the downloadurl and is driving me crazy for that 1 thing alone.
If anyone could shead some light on this it would be great.
yes ive read through this entire thread and none of the suggested fixes seem to work.
TiMbErLaNd
Old 04-04-2005 , 23:40  
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT SV_DOWNLOADURL look elsewhere, people do not understand it somereason, even though its only the root cstrike folder on yer webserver.
ffffffffffflashback
Omen
Old 04-04-2005 , 23:45  
Reply With Quote #110

LOL, i know im not askin how to setup a download url or even anythin of that sort but sugesting maybe it isnt the users or the urls but wrather the code maybe limiting it. ?_?. Just im sayin ive rescripted recoded, done everythin imaginable even had my friends look at it, between the 15 of us tryin workarounds and everythin nothing seemed to work. Im thinkin this goes just a bit beyond amx's capabilities because from what i can tell no one has posted it working usin a sv_downloadurl.

Edit:
Now i can make it use the url givin i do not place the sound files on the server and that seems to work fine, But that isnt a solution i want to live with.