Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.

Post New Thread Reply   

MyWarthog
Old 06-13-2016 , 17:38   Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.
Reply With Quote #1

Did anyone get this supposed e-mail that they sent out regarding the upgrade that can forward a copy of it to me? Neither the clan I'm in or I got any sort of letter or e-mail, and we're fairly pissed off that our data was lost and we were presented with a VPS with lower specifications than what we originally had (apart from one extra core - We went from 3GB RAM, 3 Cores, and 150GB HDD, to 2GB RAM, 4 Cores, and a 50GB SSD). We never even got this e-mail from them.

Last edited by MyWarthog; 06-13-2016 at 17:40.
Cooky
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2016 , 02:11   Re: Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.
Reply With Quote #2

Send them a support ticket and read the rules?
MyWarthog
Old 06-15-2016 , 05:21   Re: Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.
Reply With Quote #3

We sent them a ticket complaining. They said "too bad" basically, and that they sent out an e-mail. However, neither myself nor my clan (two seperate clients), nor a third person we're finding out now, got any such e-mail.

This is not a bad review thread. This is a question asking if anyone that uses Vilayer here as a host for their SRCDS VPS got said e-mail from them. We *think* that they're lying to us about the situation given the circumstances (as in it wasn't an actual planned upgrade, rather they screwed up with something big time and are trying to cover it up), but before pointing fingers, we want to know if anyone got this supposed e-mail from them. Therefore, this thread is not at all against the rules.

Last edited by MyWarthog; 06-15-2016 at 05:22.
You9
Old 06-15-2016 , 11:10   Re: Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.
Reply With Quote #4

I was Vilayer customer but not anymore because they're very bad host. I believe that they're lying and just want shovel the money.
Puppetmaster
Old 06-16-2016 , 00:31   Re: Anyone with a Vilayer VPS, please respond.
Reply With Quote #5

To be fair most of the hosts out there are either bad or oversold. I usually switch hosts every month or so. I would recommend investing the time to make an automatic deploy setup. I have my entire CS:GO server template saved as a 5.5GB 7z executable. I run nightly backups and can easily deploy to any VPS running ubuntu 12.04+. It is also worth noting that sometimes even the initially good hosts oversell their new nodes. Currently I run with 12+ hosts with 50 or so servers over the world, mostly in the USA, Europe and Australia. Its worth noting that some of the best hosts I have found have also been the cheapest.

GZS Servers