Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

***FastDL problem**(missing map)***

Post New Thread Reply   

Shit on shoe
Old 03-12-2018 , 16:25   ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***
Reply With Quote #1

Hello Guys,

us Fastdownload dont work really, sometimes if you join server, you download another map file size, visitor get this message (missing map) but if you check the cstrike folder maps, you see the map got higher file size like the map on the gameserver or Fastdl, my ask is now how is this possible you download another size but its same map ?

need really help because sometimes people cant join the server because this bug.
Old 03-12-2018 , 16:42   Re: ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***
Reply With Quote #2

Can you elaborate a little bit, eventually with screenshots demonstrating what you mean?

I just tried joining your sever, while being in "gg_kx_zuckerzeit", and had no issues at all.

Only issue is if I disable download with the content filter of the game, e.g.:

^ With this marked setting, I got "Missing Map", but with any of the other settings in there, it worked fine.

Different sizes can be because the downloads has been interrupted, if you have interrupted a download of the map previously, the map may not be complete, and therefore you cannot join because the map files (client vs server) are two different ones.

But that thing shouldn't say "Missing Map", but instead refer to that the "map file differs from the server's".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Shit on shoe
Old 03-12-2018 , 16:48   Re: ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Can you elaborate a little bit, eventually with screenshots demonstrating what you mean?

I just tried joining your sever, while being in "gg_kx_zuckerzeit", and had no issues at all.

Only issue is if I disable download with the content filter of the game, e.g.:

^ With this marked setting, I got "Missing Map", but with any of the other settings in there, it worked fine.

Different sizes can be because the downloads has been interrupted, if you have interrupted a download of the map previously, the map may not be complete, and therefore you cannot join because the map files (client vs server) are two different ones.

But that thing shouldn't say "Missing Map", but instead refer to that the "map file differs from the server's".
Sorry you are right it was "map file differs from the server's" and the map what you downloading from server has heavy size like 35mb.

Last edited by Shit on shoe; 03-12-2018 at 16:52.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-12-2018 , 16:54   Re: ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit on shoe View Post
Sorry you are right it was "map file differs from the server's"
The only "fix" to that is to ensure that every single client is never going to interrupt his/her downloads.

That's a thing you cannot really do, as people will stop if things are too slow to them, Internet isn't always with a 100% uptime, ... etc. There are various ways where the connectivity can go wrong, even if the user doesn't interrupt it him/herself.

The fix once this kind of "shit" has happened, is that every affected player need to go to their client folder and delete the broken map, and re-join (and thereby re-download) the map from the beginning.

It's manual work, but it's the only way, as you are not able to force a client to re-download within the game.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Shit on shoe
Old 03-12-2018 , 17:04   Re: ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***
Reply With Quote #5

but if you delete the map from you own folder and you try again join server and download again the same map , you still have same problem.

always the same maps affected, today the map gg_spyro make trouble.
Old 03-18-2018 , 19:08   Re: ***FastDL problem**(missing map)***Solved
Reply With Quote #6

Ok problem Solved, it was the fastdownload in redirect mode on gameserver, we got now a real fastdownload Server extern and now we have no problem more, all maps can be download now.

Last edited by Shit on shoe; 03-18-2018 at 19:09.