Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Kellis
Old 07-14-2010 , 07:54   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #621

its possible to add new voice cvar that that will allow hear each other when alive (like alltalk) but disallow alive players to hear the dead one?
This helped get rid of the players who tell us where the survivors.
Send a message via ICQ to Kellis
jockersoft
Old 07-16-2010 , 05:43   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag View Post
also idea: don't make the plugin change the server's mapcycle. There is no need for it. If the server wants to run in arena mode then the server owner can change that in his own configuration files. I modified the PH plugin myself to remove these changes manually, it's that much of an annoying feature.
+1
there's no need to change the motd and mapcycle files

I've always specified different mapcycle files so that they do not get overwritten by updates, and since i run a server with different mods I don't wish to always show the prophunt.txt motd.
Please remove these hardcoded paths from the code
ultrafunix
Old 07-22-2010 , 17:56   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #623

Just for fun, is it possible to put the propmenu so people can make themselves a chosen prop without the gamemode prophunt in, and if so what files would u use
hhenri
Old 07-22-2010 , 21:02   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #624

Hi, i'm in trouble with this mod, hope anyone can help me out

i've installed this mod,but it doesn't work on my server, and i can't figure out what i did wrong...

i got many errors about models and the props doesn't work... i mean, the scout doesn't transform into a prop, he just don't have any guns and move like a robot...

is it a dedicated server files problem? i've downloaded by Steam tools(Team fortress 2 Dedicated Server) i've not downloaded by Hldsupdatetools...

Thank you in advice!
Murdats
Old 07-28-2010 , 06:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #625

I have solved this issue myself but figured I better put it here.

The problem I was having was having the prophunt plugin installed but not playing prophunt everything was fine except things like jarate and demomans nades had low gravity still.
this seems to be due to a bug in tf2 but I got prophunt to avoid it by moving
the call to SetCVars(); out of OnPluginStart and at the beginning of the else block that determines you are playing on a prophunt map.

this avoids the gravity being set to 500 at all unless you are playing on prophunt maps thus avoiding the problem.

the one downside is (and its still a lot better then removing the prophunt plugin except for when we want to play it) is to reset the grenades and stuff a server restart via map or something has to be called.

hopefully this bug will be fixed by valve soon, in the meantime I might suggest moving that call as as far as I can tell it works just the same and would probably slightly speed maploads
Geit
Old 07-29-2010 , 19:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #626

Quote:
also idea: don't make the plugin change the server's mapcycle. There is no need for it. If the server wants to run in arena mode then the server owner can change that in his own configuration files. I modified the PH plugin myself to remove these changes manually, it's that much of an annoying feature.
Fixed for 1.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdats View Post
I have solved this issue myself but figured I better put it here.

etc
Added a check at the start of OnPluginStart that should stop these issues from happening, expect to see it in 1.79
DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-30-2010 , 02:21   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #627

Alright, I try to add a prophunt vote to my arena server every now and then. It never, ever even comes close to working. It screws up normal arena even with ph_enable 0 in the server.cfg (in a number of ways, it makes arena completely unplayable) . If I make a vote to switch to a prophunt map prophunt activates but doesn't work right either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
TheBob
Old 07-30-2010 , 04:55   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenri View Post
Hi, i'm in trouble with this mod, hope anyone can help me out

i've installed this mod,but it doesn't work on my server, and i can't figure out what i did wrong...

i got many errors about models and the props doesn't work... i mean, the scout doesn't transform into a prop, he just don't have any guns and move like a robot...

is it a dedicated server files problem? i've downloaded by Steam tools(Team fortress 2 Dedicated Server) i've not downloaded by Hldsupdatetools...

Thank you in advice!
I'm having this same issue. Just moved everything to a new box because our provider got bought out. Installed the server from scratch. Everything seems to be running correctly, but scouts don't get turned into a prop. Idk what it could be. I have the newest SM and SDKhooks.

EDIT: Correction Pyro never gets to move and props are not working. On the bright side proplock is functioning correctly on the new server.

Last edited by TheBob; 07-30-2010 at 05:12.
TheBob
Old 07-30-2010 , 05:38   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #629

Installing runteamlogic fixed my issue. I would try that hhenri
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-30-2010 , 13:42   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.78
Reply With Quote #630

Been getting the following alot.
Code:

[prophunt.smx] [PH] MYSQL ERROR (error: Lock wait timeout exceeded;