3% 

MotdMod (MOTD Editor) v1.3.0 - 2018/06/16

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

lake393
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-04-2018 , 15:07   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/04/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjying95 View Post
Since you made a desktop client, might as well add in remember password or automatic login. Having to type the password every time to just to view the stats is a hassle don't you think?
We temporarily removed autologin before releasing—due to security reasons; involves money.

We are working on adding back the ‘remember me’ feature giving users the option to:
- keep me logged in for xx days
- ability to set a pin code
- ability to setup 2-factor authentication (SMS or Authenticator app)
- ability to remotely logout all or specific devices

We’ll continue to improve on the convenience, while also adding great account security features.

Thank you!

Last edited by lake393; 05-04-2018 at 15:13.
tjying95
Old 05-06-2018 , 09:46   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/05/03

Also, can you make the "loading screen" not always on top? It actually blocks a lot of things when doing "nothing".
lake393
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-07-2018 , 16:49   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/05/03

Quote:
Also, can you make the "loading screen" not always on top? It actually blocks a lot of things when doing "nothing".
What loading screen are you talking about exactly?

Thanks.
tjying95
Old 05-07-2018 , 23:56   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/05/03

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake393 View Post
What loading screen are you talking about exactly?

Thanks.
As per attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (81).png
Views:	172
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	169675  
lake393
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2018 , 00:10   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/05/03

Quote:
As per attached.
The next scheduled client update will have this changed.

Thank you for the feedback!
lake393
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2018 , 01:53   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.2.2 - 2018/04/26

MotdMod was not affected by the recent Steam Client Update.

RE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTarzenMaster View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to add a chat commands like !motd or !ads in CS:GO for people who wants to contribute to the server revenues?

P.S. Great ads plugin, brilliant idea to incorporate a functional welcome message and ads into one, as well as customisable MOTD, hope to have a own-design-MOTD in the future. Love it so far!
Thanks a lot!
"We worked on a workaround that re-enables the !motd chat command so that it is functional in CS:GO."
However, we will not be implementing this because the only method using a popup workaround...no longer works since the latest Steam Update. If another workaround is discovered, we will look into it.

Updates:
Rates are still performing great as promised. Up to $8CPM for US Based Servers and up to $4CPM for Non-US Based Servers.

MotdMod Plugin version 1.3.0 is planned to release tomorrow with some added features.

Have a feature you would like added? Let us know! We are looking to add more requested features.
lake393
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2018 , 02:24   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.3.0 - 2018/06/16

An Update has been released. Latest plugin version 1.3.0 (more details)

- Added Game Support for No More Room In Hell.
- Added Fallback Support so that MOTD remains functional even if backend api has connection issues.
- Removed VGUI Cache Buster as it is no longer needed.

Last edited by lake393; 06-16-2018 at 02:25.
DownUp
Old 09-08-2018 , 19:01   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.3.0 - 2018/06/16

So........... no payments yet? I seem to not be alone.

SnowHP
Old 09-08-2018 , 19:20   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Adverts) v1.3.0 - 2018/06/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake393 View Post
SourceMod Plugin for MotdMod

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://download.motdmod.com/#sourcemod-version
Source Code Repository: https://github.com/MotdsNetwork/MotdModSM

Description:

MotdMod is a free managed Message Of The Day tool for creating unlimited custom MOTD pages for game servers--made simple into one interface. Multiple custom motd designed themes to choose from makes it easy to improve the look and feel of your game server(s).

No web development skills required, no hosting costs or fees.

MotdMod Ads brand your motd with a quality ad experience that is unlike anything else--receive passive income to help your server hosting costs and donation goals.

Payouts:

NET30 -> PayPal
- US Based Servers can expect up to $8 USD CPM
- Non-US Based Servers can expect an overall average of $4 USD CPM
Like all motd ad providers, you need to try MotdMod Ads for at least a few months to see its performance for your servers combined traffic, everyone will perform differently.

Features:

- Supposed games: CS:GO, CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, NMRiH. Support for other games is being added upon request.
- Re-enables MOTD Support for CS:GO
- 4 high-quality themes with many more to come.
- Fast global hosting w/ DDoS Protection
- Dashboard Analytics (in development)
- Sub-User access control (planned)

Commands:

sm_motdmod_refresh - Refreshes the MotdMod URL instantly to show your latest saved version. (otherwise motd changes automatically apply on map start)
sm_motdmod_status - Displays the current plugin status in server console.
sm_motdmod_version - Displays the current version in server console.
sm_motdmod_force_update - Forces an update check. (otherwise plugin checks for update on map start)

Dependencies:

SteamWorks Web Extension or SteamTools Web Extension

Installation instructions:

- Visit motdmod.com to get an api token.
- Install MotdMod SourceMod Plugin w/ your unique api token (addons/sourcemod/configs/motdmod.conf)
- Restart game server(s) once (CSGO note: and manually join your game server if you have sv_hibernate_when_empty 1) for MotdMod to authenticate.

FAQ / How to get an api token?

Visit motdmod.com to view our FAQ and get an api token.

Reporting Issues/Suggestions:

Report MotdMod SourceMod plugin related issues and questions in this thread.
MotdMod Editor bugs and support, Post here.
Have a Suggestion / Feature request? Submit/Upvote it here.

About the maintainer:

MotdMod started as a personal project of mine that I worked on for about a year and a half. I now have the time and resources to fully support its growth and release a SourceMod plugin for the community. I created this because I wanted to learn new front-end technologies and create tools that help gaming communities; which is my passion. I myself have been running game servers for over a decade and one thing that was always a pain was updating and managing 20+ game servers’ motd pages; I saw lots of potential and tried other solutions that were not satisfying for our players -- the time and money to maintain a decent looking motd is why I believe there needed to be a free motd creator solution available for anyone. MotdMod gives game server operators more choices as an alternative to other motd ad providers. If you like what we are doing or want to contribute, join our Discord Channel to have a chat with me at https://discord.me/obek

Change Log:
Code:
1.3.0 - Added game support for NMRiH. Added fallback support to fix MOTD not working if backend api has connection issues. Removed VGUI Cache Buster.
1.2.2 - Fixed join team issue on TF2 when client has html motd disabled. Fixes motd text panel not displaying on CS:S.
1.2.1 - Fixed updater not working properly on Windows servers.
1.2.0 - Implemented vgui cache buster to fix motd loading (from same domain) bug on CS:S, TF2, others. (Thanks to nosoop)
1.1.0 - CS:GO vgui improvements. Fixed joingame bug. Add init timers to fix issue with hibernating servers not calling api.
1.0.2 - Fixed issue with external ip address for games running locally or in lan mode. Now there are three get hostip methods.
1.0.1 - Add standby support if MotdMod VSP / Metamod version is already installed along with SourceMod version.
1.0.0 - Initial plugin release tested on CS:GO, CS:S, TF2, DOD:S. Will add support for other games on request.
Special Thanks:
nosoop for help with vgui cache buster

Other Contributions:
MD5 File include: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=303868
This project uses a modified version of EasyHTTP included in source code repository.
How it works on csgo?
Old 09-08-2018 , 21:19   Re: MotdMod (MOTD Editor) v1.3.0 - 2018/06/16

Unfortunately, MotdMod development plans were interrupted by the sudden change that CSGO Devs made last month in August by deciding to remove how the MOTD has worked for so many years. MotdMod was created to be the best balance of quality designs and earnings to support growing communities. Effective September 10th, MotdMod Ads will be discontinued for all accounts; MotdMod Editor application, hosting, and sourcemod plugin will continue to work but there will be NO earnings generated after Sep 10th. I have edited the plugin description to reflect this change as MotdMod is still free and usable—without ads. Existing users may contact us to request a payout of your remaining balance. MotdMod Support help desk will shutdown October 1st, till further notice. Join our Discord at https://discord.me/obek to follow what we are working on next. Thank you to everyone that used MotdMod and enjoyed the service.
Closed Thread