Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Verygames bad for 128 ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Mikado
Old 07-17-2019 , 10:57   Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello buddies,

i just got a server from verygames the one with cpu @ 4.2Ghz turbo something... they said there it can handle a 32 slots server @128ticks, but as it reachs +24 players there are var and sv spikes, it goes from 0.002 to 1.xxx 2 or even 3 var suddenly '-'

So if someone is using this host or had in the past, tell me if maybe i have a misconfigured something or just their 4.2Ghz cpu is weak.

Thank you
Undercloacked
Old 07-17-2019 , 18:00   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #2

As far as I know the CPU speed can easily handle it, but it also depends on its brand and model. Make sure your rates are correct, check this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...STHP9J7JdgZS_k

If it still lags, try 100tick and 64tick. If performance improves, then apparently your server cannot handle 128tick.

Mikado
Old 07-17-2019 , 19:26   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #3

Thank's for answering, well im already using the right rates, i tried the 64 ticks it was fine not big var spikes the maximum was 1.xxx it never goes higher and red, but at 128 i have that problem, i asked the support for help they said go purshase the VQS offer something anyway it costs the double lol ...

but as i saw 4.2Ghz is supposed to handle a 32 players at 128 ticks, maybe they offer a lower speed or something that's why im asking if someone else did try this host and ran a 128ticks with
Undercloacked
Old 07-18-2019 , 05:29   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado View Post
Thank's for answering, well im already using the right rates, i tried the 64 ticks it was fine not big var spikes the maximum was 1.xxx it never goes higher and red, but at 128 i have that problem, i asked the support for help they said go purshase the VQS offer something anyway it costs the double lol ...

but as i saw 4.2Ghz is supposed to handle a 32 players at 128 ticks, maybe they offer a lower speed or something that's why im asking if someone else did try this host and ran a 128ticks with
It can depend on the CPU model as well, but it may even not be the problem at all.
How about RAM? Do you have enough? SRCDS is known to have certain leaks.
Try also setting the "scrds.exe" at high priority in task manager if you haven't already. Not realtime, though.

Last edited by Undercloacked; 07-18-2019 at 05:31.
Mikado
Old 07-18-2019 , 05:55   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercloacked View Post
It can depend on the CPU model as well, but it may even not be the problem at all.
How about RAM? Do you have enough? SRCDS is known to have certain leaks.
Try also setting the "scrds.exe" at high priority in task manager if you haven't already. Not realtime, though.
fo the CPU it's i7 - 6700k they said, and RAM 64Go + 30 Go SSD.

for the rest i can't manage them it's done by the host, plus it's linux not windows.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-22-2019 , 22:51   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #6

you running linux ?
as my experiences ... linux can only good below 22 slots. over 22 slots, it no more stable.
Windows server is working better over 22 slots.
I reinstall my server 4 times between linux and windows to test. Now I running windows server for 34 slots ....
Old 07-24-2019 , 16:29   Re: Verygames bad for 128 ?
Reply With Quote #7

It's a hosting with panel and stuff, i can't adjust OS Settings, and yeah it's running linux for sure they give to the server process a specific full core.