Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

GeoDashEabarod
Old 12-11-2016 , 19:20   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #921

What is wrong with my script? I am making a weapon, so someone please see what is wrong

"Pyromaniac's Unicorn Friend"
{
"classes"
{
"pyro" "1"
}
"baseclass" "flaregun"
"baseindex" "39"
"mag" "16"
"ammo" "16"
"description" "Stuns when opponent is above you\nMini-Crits become crits"
"attributes"
{
"mod stun waist high airborne"
{
"plugin" "tf2attributes"
"value" "5.0"
}
"minicrits become crits"
{
"plugin" "tf2attributes"
"value" "1.0"
}
}

End Script: I load up TF2 and it isn't showing up. My other weapons are working but this isn't
Scootzii
Old 03-03-2017 , 12:20   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDashEabarod View Post
What is wrong with my script? I am making a weapon, so someone please see what is wrong

Code:
"Pyromaniac's Unicorn Friend"
{
	"classes"
	{
		"pyro"		"1"
	}
	"baseclass"			"flaregun"
	"baseindex"			"39"
	"mag"			"16"
	"ammo"			"16"
	"description"	"Stuns when opponent is above you\nMini-Crits become crits"
	"attributes"
	{
		"mod stun waist high airborne"
		{
			"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
			"value"		"5.0"
		}
		"minicrits become crits"
		{
			"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
			"value"		"1.0"
		}
	}
End Script: I load up TF2 and it isn't showing up. My other weapons are working but this isn't
Make sure that if you didn't restart the server (as you don't have to) you use this command
Code:
sm plugins reload customweaponstf
to reload the weapons file. Other than that, check your code because what you posted, you're seemingly missing a closed bracket ( } ) at the end

EDIT: Just realized this was a WAY late response, was just doing research on my own for this and found your question so.. my bad. Hope you found your problem already!

Last edited by Scootzii; 03-03-2017 at 12:23. Reason: Late reply, didn't realize
Scootzii
Old 03-03-2017 , 12:26   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #923

So I think sm_customweapons_killwearablesondeath isn't working the way I thought it would? I think.. lol. I am looking to have the custom weapons disappear on death so no one can pick them up. The cvar is set to one on my server but the weapon I drop from dying can still be picked up. Is there another command that I'm missing that does what I'm looking for? Thanks
Also I'm having trouble making the weapon Australium AND have a particle effect. I can get one but not both at the same time.
-Scootzii

tl;dr
How to make custom weps disappear after user dies?
Australium and particle effect at the same time. Possible? How?
Thanks guys

Last edited by Scootzii; 03-03-2017 at 14:55. Reason: added tl;dr and another question
The Team Ghost
Old 05-16-2017 , 02:27   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootzii View Post
So I think sm_customweapons_killwearablesondeath isn't working the way I thought it would? I think.. lol. I am looking to have the custom weapons disappear on death so no one can pick them up. The cvar is set to one on my server but the weapon I drop from dying can still be picked up. Is there another command that I'm missing that does what I'm looking for? Thanks
Also I'm having trouble making the weapon Australium AND have a particle effect. I can get one but not both at the same time.
-Scootzii

tl;dr
How to make custom weps disappear after user dies?
Australium and particle effect at the same time. Possible? How?
Thanks guys
This plugin is pretty old and I think the developer has moved on and stopped supporting this plugin so there is no way to remove weapons upon dying since this has been added by valve.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-16-2017 , 03:47   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #925

MasterOfTheXP stopped supporting it, then I took it over but I've since stopped supporting it.

Theray however did make Custom Weapons 3 so you can definitely ask over there.

Deleting custom dropped weapons should theoretically be possible. You'd have to target the specific dropped weapon entity (tf_dropped_weapon probably, I may be wrong on that name though) and run some form of check to see if it's custom, and if so, remove it.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 05-16-2017 at 03:51.
The Team Ghost
Old 05-16-2017 , 14:39   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound View Post
MasterOfTheXP stopped supporting it, then I took it over but I've since stopped supporting it.

Theray however did make Custom Weapons 3 so you can definitely ask over there.

Deleting custom dropped weapons should theoretically be possible. You'd have to target the specific dropped weapon entity (tf_dropped_weapon probably, I may be wrong on that name though) and run some form of check to see if it's custom, and if so, remove it.
That's kind of a slap in the face after I tried setting this up for my server since I thought there were no newer versions of this plugin.
Now I need to setup this thing "almost" from scratch, I don't blame you thought thanks for telling me there's an updated version of this!
Sinatra
Old 07-31-2018 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #927

The viewmodel parameter in the config file changes the weapon model. So far so good, but how do you change the texture or apply a custom texture along with it? what is the parameter for this?