Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simon Logic
Old 12-06-2006 , 18:08   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #10

I was playing crossfire (deathmatch original map). Also u can test any map with entities made by mappers. item_mode does not care about existent item entities yet. Also you can make an option - to strip or not existent map entities. It would be very flexible.

Also take .cfg files with entity data i've attached in neighbour topic called bsp2csdm.

As for bounding boxes. Just play with the above files to see the difference by yourself. Your bounding boxes are not the same as HLM has. In CS you have to jump directly on item to grab it instead of taking it when you bypass it close enough. It irritates extremely when an item is put on a half-player-height platfrom because you have to jump over it. It really noticable on xbounce2 map.

Also i've attached a screenshot which shows that visually i already touched a weapon but it is not grabbed by me yet. I almost sure that weapons have small ({16, 16, 8} instead of {32, 32, 16}) bounding boxes too.

Q1. This is not applicable for DM maps. I'm just asking about an option. After you've been spawned it's very hard to fight and search for some weapon with the only knife. =) You almost have no change to survive (3 sec damage protection does not help; don't want set more time). Also it's not so critical because csdm is open source =)
Q2. You misanderstood me a little. You actually grab a weapon, but this action just fulfils your ammo clip with amount of bullets in picking up weapon.

Other questions i'll reply later. Need to sleep right now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip itemmod_screenshots.zip (105.1 KB, 706 views)

Last edited by Simon Logic; 12-06-2006 at 18:20.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic