Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

Helvetica
Old 09-13-2012 , 02:30   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramalin View Post
Half of these have already been converted before (maybe all of them), just hop around MM servers for a bit and grab them or ask around this thread. I know eraserhead has that DTK Sniper skin, and a lot of MLP servers have that heavy bear one. If all else fails, read OP and exert some effort, it's really not that hard to do yourself if you pay attention, just a bit time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Helvetica's issue isn't that the bones are wrong, the issue is that the weapons are pulling the wrong m_nSequence mappings from somewhere. I will try to see if I can fix it without breaking my viewmodel-changing stuff in another plugin.
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
lukeryy12
Old 09-13-2012 , 03:45   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #522

I installed mine, with all the files, ETC, And the command tf_model or tf_models does not work
but with sm_models it tells me : There was an error generating the menu. Check your models.ini file
but i don't know what its talking about, please help!
CuriousG
Old 09-13-2012 , 04:02   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #523

What's the best way of reintroducing already downloaded skins? Since the MvM update, any base model skin that I've been using makes people invisible. I can't use the same directories since some people have already downloaded those skins right? I converted the skins before put out the _stock models.

Last edited by CuriousG; 09-13-2012 at 04:07.
Helvetica
Old 09-13-2012 , 05:26   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousG View Post
What's the best way of reintroducing already downloaded skins? Since the MvM update, any base model skin that I've been using makes people invisible. I can't use the same directories since some people have already downloaded those skins right? I converted the skins before put out the _stock models.
Change the path to the model files, but don't alter the texture paths.

Example:

models/custom/player/customskin/scout.mdl

to

models/custom/player/customskinV2/scout.mdl

Make sure to also change the .mdl's path to this new location with Mecha's hexer, and update the .dep as well.

Last edited by Helvetica; 09-13-2012 at 05:27.
Elvin1396
Old 09-13-2012 , 06:23   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #525

Does it matter how old the models/skins are? When looking around I've read the comments saying like maybe an action added from an update missing or is that all just BS? If its like a hat or pin clipping problem that doesn't matter, since I use remove_valve an all model replacements.

Help me gain more space for server files! Use this link to sign up for Dropbox and we both gain an additional 250 MB! http://db.tt/Z2vMLuF

Last edited by Elvin1396; 09-13-2012 at 06:28.
lukeryy12
Old 09-13-2012 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #526

I installed mine, with all the files, ETC, And the command tf_model or tf_models does not work
but with sm_models it tells me : There was an error generating the menu. Check your models.ini file
but i don't know what its talking about, please help! [Bump]
Helvetica
Old 09-13-2012 , 07:58   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin1396 View Post
Does it matter how old the models/skins are? When looking around I've read the comments saying like maybe an action added from an update missing or is that all just BS? If its like a hat or pin clipping problem that doesn't matter, since I use remove_valve an all model replacements.
Custom models that are over several months old tend to not have all the necessary equip bones or bodygroups. That's what causes items to just float in the air and not attach or to not trigger sections of the model to disappear like they should. Another problem with really old models is texture paths and .vmt files can be out of date and flat out do not work anymore and need to be updated. This is rare though, and really only applies to skins released in the very early days of TF2.

Generally any Source model should work with TF2 as long as it has the .mdl, .vtx's, and .vvd files and the model path is correct. Even if the textures are broken, it should still at least load the model with just those files. I believe player models also require the .phy file to function properly as well.
lukeryy12
Old 09-13-2012 , 08:05   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
Custom models that are over several months old tend to not have all the necessary equip bones or bodygroups. That's what causes items to just float in the air and not attach or to not trigger sections of the model to disappear like they should. Another problem with really old models is texture paths and .vmt files can be out of date and flat out do not work anymore and need to be updated. This is rare though, and really only applies to skins released in the very early days of TF2.

Generally any Source model should work with TF2 as long as it has the .mdl, .vtx's, and .vvd files and the model path is correct. Even if the textures are broken, it should still at least load the model with just those files. I believe player models also require the .phy file to function properly as well.
You can only complain about that? AND NOT HELP THE ONE WITH A BIGGER PROBLEM? Pathetic.
CuriousG
Old 09-13-2012 , 08:55   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeryy12 View Post
You can only complain about that? AND NOT HELP THE ONE WITH A BIGGER PROBLEM? Pathetic.
With an attitude like that and intentionally bumping the thread with the exact same question it's no wonder nobody is jumping to help.
Helvetica
Old 09-13-2012 , 12:04   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeryy12 View Post
I didn't respond to you because I don't know the solution to your problem.