Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HL2:DM] Official Roleplay V2.4.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Brixton
Old 06-25-2009 , 20:01   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #171

On a side note:
If you were to take a gun out of your inventory, use it, then stash it in a box in your apartment - the gun will remain there all the time (or until the server restarts).
Send a message via Skype™ to Brixton
m16
Old 06-26-2009 , 07:33   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #172

Hello.

Thanks for the reply.

The money is what I have in the inventory that is not gone.

But there are many servers to store the weapons when it leaves and re-joint.

The hide with the sounds very good but also very complicated as far as new players will never find out.

But thank you for this tip.

Is there something somehow not what you can do so in the stores?
Brixton
Old 06-26-2009 , 15:23   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #173

Hello again m16,
The only way a server can store you weapon, is if it is in your inventory (and you have not used it). Otherwise, no server will save the weapon. If you take a look into your hl2mp/addons/sourcemod/data/roleplay folder - you'll notice a few .txt files. Open them, and look at what they say.

In the saves.txt file - you'll notice that it does save your inventory. Other than that, the server is not capable of saving a gun in any other format. So unless it's in your inventory, it won't be saved.

If you'd like, just add me on Steam and I'll show/help you with your server. My steam name is "Brixton The Zombie Cow". This goes for anyone else needing support with the RP mod. If you can catch me, I'm always glad to help. Otherwise, just keep posting here.
almcaeobtac
Old 06-26-2009 , 16:20   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #174

Ya, the server saves any items in your inventory, your job, the money you have out, the money you have in the bank, your online time, and your crime.
Old 06-27-2009 , 05:30   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #175

You say it is everything except the weapons xD.

Is there a possibility it so the weapons which he Saved?
almcaeobtac
Old 06-28-2009 , 11:35   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #176

Not without editing the source codes.
Old 06-28-2009 , 11:35   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #177

I'm from the TLG Combine RP. Our server saves weapons that are dropped on the map, but not if they are equipped on you.
Old 06-29-2009 , 04:51   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #178

I have the Sourcemod editor SourcePawn if you can tell me which column I should like to edit then I can do it.
almcaeobtac
Old 06-29-2009 , 15:22   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #179

Well you would need to edit a bunch of lines, and add new ones too. It's too complicated to go into, because it's a huge file to edit.
Old 06-29-2009 , 16:19   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.4.1 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #180

This is just a bad idea. I say this because as you create entities you suck up resources. The more resources used, the closer you get to the wall. That wall being - your server will crash with an error that relates to having no resources left.

Try it and see. Put a lot of weapons, and a lot of furniture all over the place. Watch your server crash over and over and over again.

Best advice is to NOT let the weapons stay, because you COULD have 100's of weapons all over the place which will cause this error.