Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0D (Last updated 11/1/2015 | 3:30AM CDT)

Post New Thread Reply   

Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-01-2014 , 04:31   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #71

As the suggestion I've made in another kart plugin. Is there a way that the mouse can be re-enabled rather than being locked so you can look around 360 degrees. Would be nice to have.
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2014 , 04:38   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #72

I ready that, not really sure if possible.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=45

Try

sm_cvar tf_halloween_kart_cam_follow

But I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Old 11-01-2014 , 05:31   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #73

The latest version is working well, thanks. I can't see any precaching errors in console at all, so looks like you've finally nailed that one I'm still trying to replicate this reported team swapping exploit without success, so that might be fixed now too.

It's working really nicely now, so thanks again!
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2014 , 05:39   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #74

Note: If you have instant respawn and enable cars for suiciding

People can spam suicide and respawn instantly.

Already have a fix in mind.
Old 11-01-2014 , 12:10   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #75

I've still found a bad glitch, but I think it has to deal with the karts itself. Just out of spite, I ran a map with just the karts, and found out just switching teams, and you get out of the kart. Might wanna add this as a fix for your plugin. Because it gets HIGHLY annoying when people do this, and when they get out of the kart, they kill the other team, who are still in their karts. -_-

Please and thank you!
MrBen
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-01-2014 , 14:45   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #76

Chdata - is there any way we can have a toggle for the Karts to damage each other somehow? I know I'm pushing my luck

For what it is worth - I also think that a gamemode, like the minigame in the Halloween map, for Bumperkart football would be a huge success - just like TFDodgeball is. I have a server or two reserved for this game mode if anyone did it :-) Would need some maps though. TFBumperBall anyone :-)

All working really well on the latest release, so thanks again Chdata and all contributors.

Last edited by MrBen; 11-01-2014 at 14:49.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2014 , 15:29   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Told View Post
I've still found a bad glitch, but I think it has to deal with the karts itself. Just out of spite, I ran a map with just the karts, and found out just switching teams, and you get out of the kart. Might wanna add this as a fix for your plugin. Because it gets HIGHLY annoying when people do this, and when they get out of the kart, they kill the other team, who are still in their karts. -_-

Please and thank you!
Are you using the latest version? It should fix that. There's even an option to make non-drivers unable to hurt drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
Chdata - is there any way we can have a toggle for the Karts to damage each other somehow? I know I'm pushing my luck

For what it is worth - I also think that a gamemode, like the minigame in the Halloween map, for Bumperkart football would be a huge success - just like TFDodgeball is. I have a server or two reserved for this game mode if anyone did it :-) Would need some maps though. TFBumperBall anyone :-)

All working really well on the latest release, so thanks again Chdata and all contributors.
I was thinking of making something to spawn that ball. But otherwise...

If someone were to make the map, they could put the ball inside themselves. They could make the goals themselves (and it's probably better to do so). Actually, they don't even need this plugin to even get them into bumpercars. They could use it to precache kart things, but I think that's also possible through the map, according to a friend of mines.

But if you want, I am working on another bumpercar mod. Feel free to add me on steam if what you had in mind is different than what I said here because I was also interested in making like 5 other different bumper car related things after the main project is done.

Last edited by Chdata; 11-01-2014 at 15:55.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2014 , 02:47   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
We do have reserved slots
Also I was assuming there was empty hidden slots open but :O that reminds me I need to set up how my own reserved slots work some day. Right now it probably kicks people or something <.<

Anyway people may have noticed that the falling off the map thing is broken again, will update that in a bit... or when I wake up.

Last edited by Chdata; 11-02-2014 at 02:48.
Nimorrax
Old 11-02-2014 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #79

I've noticed an issue, though it's possibly related to other plugins running on my server. However, the issue resolves itself when I remove this plugin, so let me explain what it is.

Basically, with the bumper car plugin, hit registration (of all things) ends up breaking in two. An example would be if I attack a wall, I get two hitsounds, I shoot a shotgun, two rapid shots (but only one registers and exists). If I remove the plugin, the issue just disappears entirely. I've only noticed this after installing it as well. I would remove all of my plugins to be sure, but eh.

Another problem which I believe you're probably already working on, maybe not, I don't know, is the fact you can't kill yourself while in buddha/godmode (running Deluxe Godmode plugin) out of or in the cart, so I now have to disable it on myself before suicidiing. Minor inconvenience, doesn't bother much.

Again, I don't know how reliable my first complaint is as I've said, it could very well be a plugin I'm currently running, but it's weird that removing bumper cars fixes the issue. (Followed by rejoining the server).
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2014 , 07:17   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0B (Last updated *Today* 11/1/2014 | 1:01AM CDT)
Reply With Quote #80

Unloading bumper car then rejoining.
What about just unloading it? Does that not fix it?

I noticed the godmode thing too myself.