Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

FunkyLoveCow
Old 09-20-2011 , 21:34   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #521

My nuke model doesn't show up. Instead I get sentry rockets. I don't see models in the zip file, so I don't believe I did anything wrong. Has anyone else had this issue?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-20-2011 , 21:36   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyLoveCow View Post
My nuke model doesn't show up.
Yes it does.

Quote:
Instead I get sentry rockets.
That's the nuke model.
Old 09-20-2011 , 22:02   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #523

Well then...I'm just going to go crawl back under that rock over there.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2011 , 17:07   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #524

It was "The Other Dodgeball Plugin" which uses the nuke models....which I've been using but have a keen interest in learning SourcePawn so I can modify plugins so maybe I could use this plugin (updated more frequently) but utilize the Nuke models like the other plugin. A "blend" of the two....
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2011 , 17:09   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
Meh, I will publish recommended settings for each map.
In the past, we've simply had mappers in our community modify the point where the rockets shoot out by either shooting them upwards instead of down, or moving the release point higher up -- this way, it's never an issue....but if you can modify this by map specific cvar changes, then let me know and I will test the map again ASAP....
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-21-2011 , 17:47   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
It was "The Other Dodgeball Plugin" which uses the nuke models....which I've been using but have a keen interest in learning SourcePawn so I can modify plugins so maybe I could use this plugin (updated more frequently) but utilize the Nuke models like the other plugin. A "blend" of the two....
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ke#post1535012
Old 09-21-2011 , 20:17   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #527

(first of all, sorry for my english)

FINALLY someone with the same problem!

I also have a multi-mod server with Dodgeball (this one), Saxton Hale and FortWars. For days, my server is crashing each time someone as engineer build a dispenser or a teleporter. Take a few seconds sometimes but it always crash.

I tried a few things, but only when i removed the dodgeball file (tfdodgeball.smx) from the sourcemod plugin folder, the server went stable.

The crash happens in any mod (even in Prophunt, which i removed trying to solve this problem) or any custom map, always when a dispenser/teleport is built. I tried to unload tfdodgeball.smx and also tried to force sm_dodgeball_enabled 0, both directly in server.cfg, but didn't work.

Beyond the crash, the dodgeball is messing with the weapon switching from Saxton Hale somehow. In Saxton, i can't switch to some weapons like Flare Gun, L'étranger and Kritzkrieg. When i deleted tfdodgeball.smx, the weapon switching went normal.

For now, i'm using Class Restrictions to block Engineer but i don't have a solution for Saxton.

What can i do ?

Thanks!

Last edited by DTX; 09-21-2011 at 20:19.
FunkyLoveCow
Old 09-21-2011 , 21:08   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I'm not planning on making the change, but I'm curious. What do you mean by 'wobbly'?
FunkyLoveCow
Old 09-26-2011 , 09:25   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX View Post
(first of all, sorry for my english)

FINALLY someone with the same problem!

I also have a multi-mod server with Dodgeball (this one), Saxton Hale and FortWars. For days, my server is crashing each time someone as engineer build a dispenser or a teleporter. Take a few seconds sometimes but it always crash.

I tried a few things, but only when i removed the dodgeball file (tfdodgeball.smx) from the sourcemod plugin folder, the server went stable.

The crash happens in any mod (even in Prophunt, which i removed trying to solve this problem) or any custom map, always when a dispenser/teleport is built. I tried to unload tfdodgeball.smx and also tried to force sm_dodgeball_enabled 0, both directly in server.cfg, but didn't work.

Beyond the crash, the dodgeball is messing with the weapon switching from Saxton Hale somehow. In Saxton, i can't switch to some weapons like Flare Gun, L'étranger and Kritzkrieg. When i deleted tfdodgeball.smx, the weapon switching went normal.

For now, i'm using Class Restrictions to block Engineer but i don't have a solution for Saxton.

What can i do ?

Thanks!
I asked a question related to this in the VSH thread. FlaminSarge mentioned that he thinks the extension is messing with the weapon switching. Asherkin, is there a way to fix this so that when sm_dodgeball_enabled 0 is set, the weapon switching effects are also disabled?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-26-2011 , 11:37   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreia View Post
If im on PH or arena/saxton maps, and engineer build teles or dispensers, server crash. I tried everything, including sm_dodgeball_enable 0 but without sucess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX View Post
For days, my server is crashing each time someone as engineer build a dispenser or a teleporter. Take a few seconds sometimes but it always crash.
I believe I've fixed this, there was some dead code in CEntity (that shouldn't have been in the framework like it was) that is now removed.

Quote:
Asherkin, is there a way to fix this so that when sm_dodgeball_enabled 0 is set, the weapon switching effects are also disabled?
Technically they are, to this day I still have no idea what causes the issues (it's been brought up many times before in this thread), it could be related to the code I mentioned above.