[L4D] Snare Speak 1.9

Post New Thread Reply   

n0limit
Old 08-17-2009 , 16:39   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
Thanks.

How about adding the option for the snared Survivor to hear the Infected, and not vise-versa. Basically the opposite of the snarespeak_twoway.
I really can't think of a situation where this would be ideal, but if you want it, just comment out the lines SetClientListening(attackerClient,victimClien t,LISTEN_YES);
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
Also, why not a message at the start of each round (or match, you can set this in the config file) that says something along the lines of, "SnareSpeak Enabled You can now converse with your attacker."

A lot of the times people that haven't played with SnareSpeak think that AllTalk is on. A message similar to that could release some confusion. It's nice for a server like mine, where I don't use advertisements and where most people don't pay attention to the MOTD. A simple one liner could do people a lot of good.
This would probably best be done by Tsunami's Advertisements plugin.
Quote:
And definitely an option to turn off SnareSpeak (I know, weird), but keep AllTalk at the end/start of rounds. That feature is just as good, if not better, as the rest of the plugin.

Love the plugin, keep up the good work.
I agree, and in reality, all talk is different from snare speak. More and more, I'm thinking I should separate them into two separate plugins.
Dream
Old 08-17-2009 , 16:58   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post
I agree, and in reality, all talk is different from snare speak. More and more, I'm thinking I should separate them into two separate plugins.
That's not a bad idea. Does the amount of plugins on a server effect it all? It would be nice just to have it be an all-in-one deal. Maybe just change the name/description to incorporate both features.
Old 08-18-2009 , 15:36   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #113

this plugin works great using the default settings. however i cannot seem to change end of round all talk to "1". default is "0", so in server.cfg i have

sm_cvar snarespeak_endofround_alltalk 1

and it loads just fine when i reset the server yet when i type

snarespeak_endofround_alltalk to check the status it still says it is set to 0.

i can manually change this using the command in console but as usual it turns end of round alltalk off after the next map loads. any suggestions?
n0limit
Old 08-18-2009 , 18:01   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrhino View Post
this plugin works great using the default settings. however i cannot seem to change end of round all talk to "1". default is "0", so in server.cfg i have

sm_cvar snarespeak_endofround_alltalk 1

and it loads just fine when i reset the server yet when i type

snarespeak_endofround_alltalk to check the status it still says it is set to 0.

i can manually change this using the command in console but as usual it turns end of round alltalk off after the next map loads. any suggestions?
This plugin now uses AutoExecConfig, so you should modify the relevant cvars in cfg\sourcemod\snarespeak.cfg.
This cfg is executed after the server.cfg file.
easyrhino
Old 08-18-2009 , 20:48   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #115

thanks nolimit, you are a gentleman(or woman) and a scholar.
PigglyJuff
Old 08-28-2009 , 08:18   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #116

If it's an autoexec now, will you lay out more details on what exactly I would put in main server.cfg or is snarespeak now a separated .cfg that is executed in a main server.cfg? For example within my server.cfg would I put exec snarespeak.cfg? And within that snarespeak.cfg what kind of cvars would be changed/stay the same?

Last edited by PigglyJuff; 08-28-2009 at 13:02.
n0limit
Old 08-28-2009 , 14:48   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigglyJuff View Post
If it's an autoexec now, will you lay out more details on what exactly I would put in main server.cfg or is snarespeak now a separated .cfg that is executed in a main server.cfg? For example within my server.cfg would I put exec snarespeak.cfg? And within that snarespeak.cfg what kind of cvars would be changed/stay the same?
SourceMod automatically executes the cfg\sourcemod\snarespeak.cfg at the right time. You don't have to reference it at all in any other configs. The cvars are automatically written to the file the first time you run snarespeak. From that point, you can change it in the file then reload the server for the changes to apply.
PigglyJuff
Old 08-28-2009 , 18:37   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #118

So should I create a snarespeak.cfg file and add the correct cvars to that. Then add the newly created snarespeak.cfg to cfg\sourcemod\. I can't seem to find a snarespeak.cfg to download with default cvars. Thanks for the help.
mutt
Old 08-28-2009 , 18:41   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigglyJuff View Post
So should I create a snarespeak.cfg file and add the correct cvars to that. Then add the newly created snarespeak.cfg to cfg\sourcemod\. I can't seem to find a snarespeak.cfg to download with default cvars. Thanks for the help.
Once the plugin is called for the first time it will generate the cfg. All you have to do is go into your cfg/sourcemod folder and edit the cfg to your liking.
PigglyJuff
Old 08-29-2009 , 22:32   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.9
Reply With Quote #120

For some reason I can not get the boomer channels to turn off. Can I just delete all the coding associated with the boomer channels in the snarespeak.sp file or does the snarespeak.smx file conflict with that?