Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

nMAP - A lightweight mapmanager with nominations

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management       
naeo
Old 02-07-2009 , 17:05   nMAP - A lightweight mapmanager with nominations
Reply With Quote #1

nMAP:
A simple light-weight map management plugin.

Features:
Uses maxrounds instead of timelimit (Definable in config, no cvar)
Allows players to choose nominated maps defined in config (By saying map_name in say they will add the map to the mapvote)
Reverts to a default map if there are no players on the server (de_dust2 f.ex)
It will not allow the same map to be played more than 2 times in a row.

client commands are:
listmaps (say or console)
nominations (say or console)
map_name (de_dust2, de_dust2, cs_italy etc in say)

Plugin is optimized for performance, and doesent use lots of hudmessages, so the server wont look like a x-mas tree when it's running.

I now realise that there are already approved alternatives wich have pretty much the same features.
So I guess only reason to use this is for the performance and lack of hudmessages.

Can be used with nIRC
That means it will send info to your irc channel if using my nIRC plugin, when votes start and end - So you can see what people usually nominate.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nmap.zip (4.7 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by naeo; 02-24-2009 at 05:02. Reason: Updated description.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:27
Stixsmaster
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: incorrect
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-22-2009 , 22:15   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #2

This plugin is redundant but does the job better than the other similar plugins out there.

If you would like any information regarding possible adjustments you could make or things you could do to make this better, please feel free to post here or PM me.

Approved.
BANNED
Old 02-22-2009 , 22:17   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #3

You can get a plugin approved just my changing a specific function in an already approved plugin?
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-23-2009 , 01:26   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYSplayCS View Post
You can get a plugin approved just my changing a specific function in an already approved plugin?
If I mention that, I always get a few pages of users complaining that it's slightly better and therefore is "totally awesome", "amazing", etc. and that I am in error.

Just as an experiment, I'm going to unapprove this instead and see how people respond.
Old 02-23-2009 , 13:06   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
If I mention that, I always get a few pages of users complaining that it's slightly better and therefore is "totally awesome", "amazing", etc. and that I am in error.

Just as an experiment, I'm going to unapprove this instead and see how people respond.
To that I will respond with a question:
Wich other plugin does what this plugin does?
I got the idea of allowing players to decide map from deagsmapmanager - I liked that plugin, but it was missing some features I wanted, such as:
1. Use maxrounds instead of timelimit.
2. dmm allowed players to nominate all maps on the server (wich was very bad since I had 1000+ maps, and I didnt want to block them all manually.
3. Too much hudmessages used imo - They distract players(Atleast me)
4. dmm didnt have a default map wich the server would return to if it was empty (I wanted it to return to de_dust2 when it was empty)

That's most of the reasons why I made this - If dmm or some other plugin has those features now, I understand fully that this should be unapproved.

Also .. This plugin and all others I have coded were made with performance in mind - I'm pretty sure this uses less resources than alternatives.

Last edited by naeo; 02-23-2009 at 13:08.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-23-2009 , 13:14   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #6

Here are a few that I was able to find:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77391
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59535
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=70459

Also, selectively picking and choosing parts of other plugins that you do or don't like doesn't justify an entirely new plugin. As long as the other plugins are relatively well optimized, better performance is not a factor in approval and cannot be used as a reason that it is better. We have to see a relatively strong increase in the amount of features, bug fixes, etc. before we consider this as superseding any other similar plugin.
Old 02-23-2009 , 16:47   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
This plugin is redundant but does the job better than the other similar plugins out there.

If you would like any information regarding possible adjustments you could make or things you could do to make this better, please feel free to post here or PM me.

Approved.
So why is it moved to unapproved?
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-23-2009 , 16:52   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #8

I don't know... I think I actually made a mistake with my post. I'll consider approving it if the description is improved because right now it's totally unacceptable.
Old 02-24-2009 , 04:50   Re: nMAP
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Here are a few that I was able to find:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77391
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59535
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=70459

Also, selectively picking and choosing parts of other plugins that you do or don't like doesn't justify an entirely new plugin. As long as the other plugins are relatively well optimized, better performance is not a factor in approval and cannot be used as a reason that it is better. We have to see a relatively strong increase in the amount of features, bug fixes, etc. before we consider this as superseding any other similar plugin.
They do have some similarities yes - I've updated main thread with more info now.
Main reason to use this is it's performance and lack of hudmessages.

Keep in mind tho - I made this plugin almost 2 years ago, so it's not like I selected parts of other plugins (With the exception of allowing players to nominate maps - I got that idea from DMM)
Old 02-24-2009 , 08:17   Re: nMAP - A lightweight mapmanager with nominations
Reply With Quote #10

I don't see any real reason it could be unique. As I said, taking out a few features that other plugins have, even if you wrote yours before theirs, doesn't make a plugin unique. I'm sure that you could ask Brad or one of the other authors to add cvars to disable HUD messages and, as I said, performance is peanuts for a situation like this.