Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod problems?

Post New Thread Reply   

HolyZealage
Old 04-24-2010 , 07:16   Sourcemod problems?
Reply With Quote #1

Due to recent updates everyone knows L4D2 is having problems with metamod. I have a problem that im not sure of a solution. I have a box on gameservers.com. Everyone claims that metamod is to blame....however I don't see metamod causing any error on my server. I updated metamod to mmsource-1.9.0-hg698.tar. When restarting the server everything works fine. I even tested ingame and there aren't any signs that metamod isn't working properly. Only when I install source mod do I start to encounter a server fault. I have tried numerous sourcemod versions and all kick back the same response on my server log.
Quote:
Running a benchmark to measure system clock frequency...
Finished RDTSC test. To prevent the startup delay from this benchmark, set the environment variable RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 1595.000000 on this system. This value is dependent upon the CPU clock speed and architecture and should be determined separately for each server. The use of this mechanism for timing can be disabled by setting RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 'disabled'.
#
#Console initialized.
#Game.dll loaded for "Left 4 Dead 2"
Server is hibernating
ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (spit_scaling_min_scale)
Game supporting (2) split screen players
maxplayers set to 18
Unknown command "port"
maxplayers set to 18
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Network: IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 0 CL
./srcds_run: line 336: 16255 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sat Apr 24 06:13:02 EST 2010: Server restart in 10 seconds
What is wrong? Ive been trying for hours different sourcemod combinations and possibilities. I have also changed my metamod.vdf to
Quote:
"Plugin"
{
"file" "../left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/server.so"
}
...as instructed and advised by many. This error still remains....only when sourcemod is put on my server. Again, metamod runs fine standalone.