Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2010 , 18:19   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by borli View Post
I have installed the newest version of this plugin, but I have a problem with this plugin, which forces me to uninstall it. When I connect to the server, immediately it tells me that I am afk, and have 30 seconds to start moving, even if I switch to spectators, it is counting down, but I have set in cvars, that spectators and dead players should be excluded from afk kicking. The only way to stop counting down is to switch to ct or t. This is useless because sometimes I need to connect to server and switch to spectators first, when for example alleged cheater is on the server and i need to spec him for a while. Second problem is, when I am playing for a while as a ct or t, someone might look like suspicious then I must go to spectators, to spec him for a while and it is kicking me again after few minutes.
This is my cfg:
That is just the Unassigned cheaker which will move you from team 0 to Spectator (Team 1).

Hmm I see what you mean actually without the move being enabled it would kick you...

Can you try this and tell me if it breaks anything I don't think it will:

In the Source go to the CheckForAFK function.

Change this:

Code:
    // Unassigned, Spectator or Dead Player
    if (IsClientObserver(client))
    {
        if ((Synergy) || (g_TeamNum > 0))
        {
            // Check Excluding Dead Players?
            if (!IsPlayerAlive(client))
            {
                // Make sure player is not a spectator (Which is dead)
                if (g_TeamNum != g_sTeam_Index)
                    if (GetConVarBool(g_Cvar_ExcludeDead))
                        return Plugin_Continue;
            }

if (CheckObserverAFK(client))
                g_TimeAFK[client] = (g_TimeAFK[client] + AFK_CHECK_INTERVAL);
            else
                g_TimeAFK[client] = 0.0;
        }
        else
    }
With this:

Code:
    // Unassigned, Spectator or Dead Player
    if (IsClientObserver(client))
    {
            // Check Excluding Dead Players?
            if (!IsPlayerAlive(client))
            {
                // Make sure player is not a spectator (Which is dead)
                if (g_TeamNum != g_sTeam_Index)
                    if (GetConVarBool(g_Cvar_ExcludeDead))
                        return Plugin_Continue;
            }

if (CheckObserverAFK(client))
            else
                g_TimeAFK[client] = 0.0;
    }
Once confirmed I'll roll that into the next update.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 21:37   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #592

Someone in our server today said that they got switched to spectator while not moving, but repairing their sentry (that was being constantly damaged).

Can there be a check for this?
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2010 , 08:44   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Someone in our server today said that they got switched to spectator while not moving, but repairing their sentry (that was being constantly damaged).

Can there be a check for this?
How do you tell if a player being damaged is really AFK?

That is a tough one because what if you are AFK and then you start getting shot should you then be marked as not AFK?

Why couldn't they just change their view slightly? It does check Eye Angles?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-17-2010 , 09:01   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #594

Yeah, after I posted that I remembered that it gives a warning (30 seconds in our server), so I'm assuming they just did +attack and walked away.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2010 , 19:50   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Yeah, after I posted that I remembered that it gives a warning (30 seconds in our server), so I'm assuming they just did +attack and walked away.
Yeah it checks both the Eye Angles of a player and their current location.

However in newer versions of the plugin there is a "threshold" which allows you to for example get "nudged" or move slightly and still be marked AFK to assist with slight player collisions in TF2 for example.

This could be set to 0 if you want to disable thresholds. Otherwise I am not sure if it's worth adding extra checks to whether a player is currently repairing a sentry or not.
Kramerika
Old 05-19-2010 , 08:42   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #596

I am having an issue getting this to work with the latest MM and SM 1.4 snapshot in DoD:S. I installed the pre-compiled smx to the plugins folder and the phrases file to the translations folder. It gives this in the Source Mod log.

L 05/19/2010 - 078:02: [afk_manager.smx] [AFK Manager] Log File: addons\sourcemod\logs\afkm_20100519.log

But it does not create the afk_manager.cfg file in the cfg/sourcemod folder nor does it start kicking for AFK. Also, when I try to compile it myself, I get a warning.

afk_manager.sp<200> : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "L4D"
Snake60
Old 05-19-2010 , 09:13   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerika View Post
But it does not create the afk_manager.cfg file in the cfg/sourcemod folder nor does it start kicking for AFK. Also, when I try to compile it myself, I get a warning.
May be no permissions on write? Try download afk_manager.cfg from first post and upload manualy.
Quote:
afk_manager.sp<200> : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "L4D"
Warning is NOT Error! Plugin must be compiled and properly work
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2010 , 11:05   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerika View Post
I am having an issue getting this to work with the latest MM and SM 1.4 snapshot in DoD:S. I installed the pre-compiled smx to the plugins folder and the phrases file to the translations folder. It gives this in the Source Mod log.

L 05/19/2010 - 078:02: [afk_manager.smx] [AFK Manager] Log File: addons\sourcemod\logs\afkm_20100519.log

Yeah that warning is fine.

have you ran sm plugins list ?

Does the afk_manager show as an error or anything?

I am not sure why it would not be working but otherwise do you want to try and enable Debug and manually compile or provide me with some access to check it out?
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2010 , 18:54   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #599

Has anyone tried this to see if it causes any other issues?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=591

I am wondering if by changing the "Unassigned" check it might not mark "Unassigned" players as AFK anymore. However would need some testing across a few mods.

Also I know that people sometimes thing the AFK Manager is not working because they don't have enough players in the server, I have been confused myself, so I am going to log a message to the SourceMod logs when the plugin does not have enough minimum players and when it does.

I have basically got it done just need to tidy up the code, hopefully I can get feedback on the Unassigned change and release them together.

The only remaining issue would be the WaitingForPlayers fix which I know is currently wrong.
Cadav0r
Old 05-26-2010 , 16:20   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.8 / Updated May 7 2010)
Reply With Quote #600

Hello,

Can you add a cvar to configure a timer before begin to check a user after connection.

Thanks

My plugins : Admin Sounds