Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

selax
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2009 , 23:38   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #391

Russian language fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt afk_manager.phrases.txt (4.4 KB, 168 views)
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2009 , 15:42   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelaX View Post
Russian language fixed.
Thanks
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2009 , 09:42   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #393

Heh, I somehow missed the updates here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Does someone have a server I can get access to test on?
Ive got a testbed server that I'd be glad to give you access to. I can give you plugins folder access and temporarily change the RCON password if that tickles your fancy. Hit me up via PM or on IRC

I am excited to get it fixed so it sends them to spec instead of waiting for players
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 10:08   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Heh, I somehow missed the updates here.

Ive got a testbed server that I'd be glad to give you access to. I can give you plugins folder access and temporarily change the RCON password if that tickles your fancy. Hit me up via PM or on IRC

I am excited to get it fixed so it sends them to spec instead of waiting for players
I do need a test server with players to do more in-depth testing. I have not played Arena mode before and so I don't know when the "Waiting for players" happens for example.

My testing so far has led me to this:

There's no easy way to Hook this Arena mode event. Currently I am hooking a few "arena" events and also need to work-around check by looking for "arena_" in the map name.

it's very weird because they have events for this but they never fire. On top of that the normal round_start event fires before and after the "Waiting" takes place and also happens on every other map so there's no real consistent way to check it.

In relation to the "Spectator" and "Waiting to play" ID's being the same, I notice the game engine must move players to spectate after a period of time.. about 20-30 seconds:

L 07/15/2009 - 06:58:00: [afk_manager-compat.smx] [AFK Manager] Event_PlayerTeam
- Client: 1 joined spectator team

Yes I checked the AFK plugin does set mp_idledealmethod to 0 and I even checked in console and it's set to 0

This was happening but it never ran the timer checks so the game must be doing that itself. So originally you start on a normal team it seems then get moved to Spectator yet you are still "Waiting to play" it's weird.

I also occasionally saw some weird console error messages about the game forcing the Observer player entity properly to a specific value...

I see when you join the server and you are the only one in there it makes you wait and I have now I believe hooked that successfully enough to halt the plugin from checking during that period of time. I don't however know when it happens after that, maybe it's for late-joiners?

In any case I need a testbed with players and also someone to show me all the places this "Waiting for players" happens so I can look into hooking it.

Meanwhile try this newer release. I am thinking it might need to be revamped because I guess in other scenarios we don't want a full plugin halt during this time just a halt on dead players possibly if that is able to happen.

Last edited by Rothgar; 03-12-2010 at 02:22.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2009 , 19:45   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #395

The reason you saw them get switched to spectator team is that arena requires -even- teams. So each round, if the available players is uneven, one will get moved to "waiting to play" until they get swapped with someone else the next round or the teams even up.

The "Waiting To Play" is -not- the same as "Waiting for Players". The latter is on -every- map and occurs for as long as a server operator wants. It gives people time to load the map before actually starting play.

"Waiting To Play" is arena specific, and acts as I mentioned above. It is populated by both people that have just joined and are unable to play until the next round start (because there is no respawning) as well as those who are put into it anytime the teams are uneven (each round a random player is sent there to keep the teams even)

And, the main issue is that people currently playing that get moved for being AFK are moved to the "Waiting To Play" instead of "Spectator", which means the game throws them back in to play the very next round.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 20:06   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #396

Quote:
The reason you saw them get switched to spectator team is that arena requires -even- teams. So each round, if the available players is uneven, one will get moved to "waiting to play" until they get swapped with someone else the next round or the teams even up.

The "Waiting To Play" is -not- the same as "Waiting for Players". The latter is on -every- map and occurs for as long as a server operator wants. It gives people time to load the map before actually starting play.

"Waiting To Play" is arena specific, and acts as I mentioned above. It is populated by both people that have just joined and are unable to play until the next round start (because there is no respawning) as well as those who are put into it anytime the teams are uneven (each round a random player is sent there to keep the teams even)

And, the main issue is that people currently playing that get moved for being AFK are moved to the "Waiting To Play" instead of "Spectator", which means the game throws them back in to play the very next round.
Well this is what I did:

Loaded up arena_badlands on server
Joined the Server
Joined a Team
After 30 seconds was moved to Spectator team

That was with just me in the server. When I added a bot the map started.

Ok can you clarify a few things:

In my testing the "Waiting for players" didn't happen for example on maps like ctf_2fort? from what I recall only on Arena maps. Can you please confirm which maps I need to look at that for? I would like to fix that because I guess when servers have 0 players and once person joins unless someone else joins fast they will get kicked for being AFK.

I am not sure which I was looking at "Waiting to Play" or "Waiting for Players" but I joined a server, joined a team and was "Waiting" of some sort, wasn't paying too much attention.

What I need to find then it sounds like is an offset or possibly looking at the ObserverTarget it seems to be messing with to find a consistent way to hook the "Waiting" mode.

The problem is that the "Waiting to play" is not using a unique team as shown in my observations, it uses team 1 AKA Spectator. This makes it hard to determine currently because the player then becomes an "Observer" and is on the Spectator team...

So there must be another way to distinguish.

Last edited by Rothgar; 07-15-2009 at 20:09.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2009 , 22:48   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Ok can you clarify a few things:

In my testing the "Waiting for players" didn't happen for example on maps like ctf_2fort? from what I recall only on Arena maps. Can you please confirm which maps I need to look at that for? I would like to fix that because I guess when servers have 0 players and once person joins unless someone else joins fast they will get kicked for being AFK.
The "Waiting for Players" period is on all maps and the length is decided by a cvar.

Quote:
I am not sure which I was looking at "Waiting to Play" or "Waiting for Players" but I joined a server, joined a team and was "Waiting" of some sort, wasn't paying too much attention.
Waiting To Play is on arena maps only, and players will show at the bottom, separate from Spectators, but in a similar fashion.

Quote:
The problem is that the "Waiting to play" is not using a unique team as shown in my observations, it uses team 1 AKA Spectator. This makes it hard to determine currently because the player then becomes an "Observer" and is on the Spectator team...
Yeah, exactly. That's why I can't fix it mseylf, heh. There has to be SOME way, though.
Cadav0r
Old 07-16-2009 , 05:47   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #398

French language fixed
Attached Files
File Type: txt afk_manager.phrases.txt (4.4 KB, 153 views)

My plugins : Admin Sounds

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 20:47   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadav0r View Post
French language fixed
Thanks.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2009 , 20:51   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #400

Quote:
The "Waiting for Players" period is on all maps and the length is decided by a cvar.

Waiting To Play is on arena maps only, and players will show at the bottom, separate from Spectators, but in a similar fashion.

Yeah, exactly. That's why I can't fix it mseylf, heh. There has to be SOME way, though.
Er the "Waiting for players" can't be a time based cvar? i know of two varaibles for it AFAIK:

mp_waitingforplayers_cancel : 0 : , "sv" : Set to
1 to end the WaitingForPlayers period.
mp_waitingforplayers_restart : 0 : , "sv" : Set to
1 to start or restart the WaitingForPlayers period.

Plus it ends as soon as two players are either on the server or possibly when they are on a team.

Can someone please check each map type and find out for sure whether "Waiting for players" is Arena specific?

I checked on ctf_2fort with just myself and it did not happen, yet happens on arena_badlands with 1 player so I don't know if it's Arena specific and based on the cvars or what.

I don't know if I have experienced "Waiting to play" yet, maybe I have been just dealing at the moment with "Waiting for players".