Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TeamBets 2.6 (Mani Conversion)

Post New Thread Reply   

|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 02-21-2009 , 00:53   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #11

FINALLY!!! UPDATED VERSION POSTED!!!

Thanks to Snake60 for having troubles with manual binds and noticing odd monetary amounts not matching his binds.

Here's the details for those that wish to compare the original v1.4 vs v2.1 in this thread.

In the Command_Say section ferret was automatically removing the last character in the string, assuming it was a double quote ". He wasn't doing anything to check if there was a double quote for the first character in the string.

Per instruction I found in the wiki, I changed it to check for a leading " and if so, ignore it. Then check for a trailing " and replace it with a /0.

This assures us that you only have the string we need. What was happening is that console binds don't have quotes, so it would remove the last character in your bet amount, hence Snake60's findings. On the other hand, for my style of alias/bind using autoexec.cfg it would be "bet instead of bet and this caused it to fail.

In other words, chat bets, manual binds for betting, and alias/binds for betting all work as expected now.

I have no intention of adding features, as I'm not really a coder, but more a reader. This doesn't mean I am unwilling to attempt more features, but I can't imagine any being needed. I would be more than willing to keep the translations updated as necessary.
kaffaljidhma
Old 02-21-2009 , 06:17   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #12

You think this could be applied to tf2 arena mode? With a possible reward instead of money being a greater chance to play next round?
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 02-22-2009 , 01:13   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #13

I"m not familiar with TF2 Arena mode. What do you mean a greater chance to play? Do some people not get to spawn in a new round?

If there's a command or setting that triggers what you are suggesting, then I would imagine it would be possible to do more hacking on this code to trigger TF2 events. I couldn't test it, but I'm willing to try anything once... Well, ALMOST anything, perverts.
kaffaljidhma
Old 02-22-2009 , 02:07   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #14

In TF2 arena, the current teams are limited to a certain number of players. If there are more players than that on the server, they are put in a spectator pool. At the end of every round, the team that wins gets to stay, and the players on the losing team are all put in a lottery to determine if they get to keep their place or swap with someone from the spectator pool. The teams are shuffled once the round win limit is reached.

This is the only game mode in TF2 where people have to sit out more than 30 seconds, and so it can be a real server-killer sometimes. To tell you the truth, giving anything to the spectator team to do while they wait would be an improvement.
Glist3r
Old 03-06-2009 , 09:16   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #15

Is there anyway to make this for AMXX too ?
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 03-07-2009 , 00:50   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #16

kaff...
I would imagine it would be best as it's own plugin, or an addition to the mod, assuming arena mode is a mod and not a built in function of the game. It sounds terrible to me to play something where I might have to sit around and wait. If I had details on how these odds of being allowed to play were calculated, it might be possible to write a seperate version for that mod using the existing code in this plugin.

Glister...
I know nothing about AMXX, but again, I'm sure something similar can be coded, just probably not by me.

Both of you might try a plugin request in the forums.
IcEWoLF
Old 04-15-2009 , 20:51   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #17

Grim, how do you disable the bet advert from being posted?
Can I have just my advertisement txt show the bet instead of the auto thingy?
Thanks.
xSavagEx
Old 04-16-2009 , 00:55   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #18

Russian translate NOT Working!Only empty fields instead of words shown!
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 04-16-2009 , 22:40   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
Grim, how do you disable the bet advert from being posted?
Can I have just my advertisement txt show the bet instead of the auto thingy?
Thanks.
Added this function to v2.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSavagEx View Post
Russian translate NOT Working!Only empty fields instead of words shown!
Fixed translations function in v2.2

Last edited by |GsX| GrimReaper; 01-04-2010 at 14:42.
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 04-16-2009 , 22:50   Re: TeamBets 2.1 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #20

In trying to read up on the latest gossip in the Bounty plugin, I noticed Snake60's posting of Russian translation there has different formats for the latest versions of SM. They may have changed the way translations work, so take a look at the file layout of the 1.1 version he posted and adjust your files to reflect this format to see if it works.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...9&goto=newpost

Someone let me know if this is true, and I will adjust the translation offerings in the first post to have the correct formating.