Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Tralen
Old 11-15-2020 , 00:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #881

Hey crasher, glad to see this post alive and updated,

Today I updated the plugin because u know , "the last stand update"

i updated the plugin correctly without any problem

Now i am here to ask you one thing, i remember in last versions where u can modify the basic damage of the tank regardless of the diff currently playing, for example, if u are playing in expert, every tank should instacap you, but with the plugin it could be avoided setting the basic damage of the tanks. was this feature removed or i am just missing something. thx in advance

Last edited by Tralen; 11-15-2020 at 00:31.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2020 , 00:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralen View Post
Hey crasher, glad to see this post alive and updated,

Today I updated the plugin because u know , "the last stand update"

i updated the plugin correctly without any problem

Now i am here to ask you one thing, i remember in last versions where u can modify the basic damage of the tank regardless of the diff currently playing, for example, if u are playing in expert, every tank should instacap you, but with the plugin it could be avoided setting the basic damage of the tanks. was this feature removed or i am just missing something. thx in advance
If you want Mutant Tanks to use the default damage, set "Claw Damage" and "Rock Damage" to "-1.0" for each Mutant Tank. Setting them to "0.0" will disable the damage and anything greater will be the new damage value across all difficulties.

In short: Yes, that feature is still part of Mutant Tanks.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 11-15-2020 at 01:09.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2020 , 02:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #883

To everyone that uses Mutant Tanks, whether for a dedicated server or for an offline/local server:

Are there any features you can think of that you might want to see become a part of Mutant Tanks?

I cannot guarantee that anything or everything will be implemented, but I'm curious if any of you have any ideas you've kept in mind for a while, or if me asking this can spark any concepts in your minds.

No matter how big or small, hard or easy, insane or sane, impossible or possible, impractical or practical, or weird or generic the concept or idea may be, pitch it to me, whether publicly (here) or privately, and my team and I can look over it. There have been several ideas that some of you have pitched to me over the years and some of them have taken a while to be implemented, but I'm glad that I was able to finally add most of them. Believe it or not, most of the features and abilities that the latest version of Mutant Tanks has all came from you guys and I'm interested to see what else the community can offer before I start working on the final update for this humongous project. I haven't decided yet when the final update will be released but I can guarantee that it is less than 10 updates away.

What to expect in the next update so far:

1. Reward system - A system to track every player's damage towards a Mutant Tank and reward each player accordingly.
2. Combinations - The ability to combine any set of abilities to trigger them all at the same time or customize them together for a more fluid experience when fighting Mutant Tanks.
3. Over 50+ bug fixes - Unlike the "Last Stand" update, these bug fixes don't change the core gameplay experience of Mutant Tanks and only focus on ensuring that Mutant Tanks works as expected.
4. More flexibility - As dynamic as Mutant Tanks already is, there were still some limitations that were finally removed. These limitations ranged from simple hard-coded settings to general hindrances for some abilities/features. Unfortunately, not all limitations were removed, but Mutant Tanks will be as flexible and dynamic as it can ever be.
Old 11-25-2020 , 20:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #884

I've just updated my 20 slots server with the latest version. I was running a 4 months old version

Edit: I have to say that I'm impressed you've fixed the idle bug thing. You didn't believe on my report at the beginning, did you?

Thank you for your work!

Last edited by SilentBr; 11-25-2020 at 20:54.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2020 , 21:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
I've just updated my 20 slots server with the latest version. I was running a 4 months old version

Edit: I have to say that I'm impressed you've fixed the idle bug thing. You didn't believe on my report at the beginning, did you?

Thank you for your work!
Truth be told, I didn't have any plans to look into it until a good friend of mine taught me how to check for Tank behavior. Then one day I encountered the bug on my own and by then it was easy to fix. It's apparently been around for years but it occurs more often on heavily modded servers. Seeing as how my test server is very close to vanilla, I wasn't encountering the bug myself. But yeah, I finally decided to fix the idle bug.
Old 11-26-2020 , 10:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #886

Everyone will be surprised by the changes and improvements in version 8.80. will be amazing.
The next update should be ready by the end of December, the wait will be worth it.

Regarding the Tanks idle bug I never had this problem. But I started having it after updating the last Stand.
But that has now been resolved. Thanks Crasher
marki89
Old 11-28-2020 , 19:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #887

Hi, where can I get the direct link of SourceMod 1.11.0.6511?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2020 , 23:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki89 View Post
Hi, where can I get the direct link of SourceMod 1.11.0.6511?
I recommend getting at least 6625 instead since that’s the one with gamedata updated for the Last Stand update.
https://www.sourcemod.net/downloads....h=master&all=1

Quote:
In the next update of the Mutant Tanks, could it be that the tanks with special abilities are already installed? is that I do not understand them so much, I am only using a tank with 8 transformations, I would like to have several tanks on my 8 server hahaha
Mutant Tanks is set up to be modular to maintain flexibility. That means each ability is optional so you’ll have to install the abilities that you actually want Tanks to have. There are too many abilities to fit into just one plugin.

Quote:
and that is compatible with the special delivery mode
Mutant Tanks is already compatible with co-op mutations like Special Delivery.

By the way, you can just edit your first post to add more questions you may have. You don’t need to keep creating a new post and spamming the thread.
Old 11-29-2020 , 13:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #889

Quote:
[SuperTanks] This plugin is only compatible in Coop or Realism gamemodes.
[SuperTanks] Plugin Disabled.

I get this error when it switched to special delivery and the super tanks plugin is disabled
I can't tell if you're trolling or genuinely blind.

This thread is for M U T A N T T A N K S. Super Tanks has its own thread... You literally come here to report about a plugin that you never even installed...
Old 11-29-2020 , 14:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I can't tell if you're trolling or genuinely blind.

This thread is for M U T A N T T A N K S. Super Tanks has its own thread... You literally come here to report about a plugin that you never even installed...

I'm sorry bro, I was wrong on the page, I was in a hurry, I'm not trolling, nor was anything in a hurry.